Internal Auditor, Government
SUMMARY: The Auditor, Government Compliance, will be responsible for supporting audit efforts related to VSE’s compliance with government contracts (including FAR guidelines and cost accounting standards across all areas and divisions of VSE), as well as with other Corporate controls requirements, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. The role reports to the Director of Internal Audit.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in preparing documents in response to DCMA or DCAA audits and reviews
- Assist in preparing and providing responses to the DCMA or DCAA regarding how VSE policies and processes comply with specific government compliance requirements
- Coordinate floor check requests with selected employees; participate in floor check discussion as VSE’s representative; gather and provide DCAA requested follow-up documentation
- Participate in the review and update of disclosure statements
- Participate in CAS Compliance meetings to ensure that the Company is capturing necessary and timely disclosure statement updates
- Coordinate the Forward Pricing and Provisional Rate Proposal submission process
- Incurred Cost Reports - participate in preparing reports and timely submission
- Work with departments/divisions to identify and help implement appropriate internal controls.
- Conduct timely Internal Controls testing and reporting (including SOX)
- Identify areas where opportunities exist to improve processes (to enhance effectiveness and compliance) and work with the Director of Internal Audit to craft and disseminate recommendations to the relevant audience
- Perform any other appropriate and relevant duties related to government compliance/audit, internal control functions, and continuous development, as assigned by the Director of Internal Audit, Senior Management, or as tasked by the Board.
- A self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently or with a group.
- Ability to generate effective written communications and communicate orally with employees at all levels of the company, and with external parties.
- Ability to keep confidential matters regarding our business and employees in full confidence, as appropriate.
- Ability to handle stress involved with deadlines, work prioritization and emergency work requests.
- Ability to understand and analyze data.
- Ability to learn new tasks and take on more responsibility when needed.
- Professional – Consistent, intelligent, organized, and a continuous learner. Self-disciplined; independent and objective. Aims to achieve and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the department.
- Ethical Standards – Portrays unquestionable integrity in all dealings and relationships.
- Competitive Urgency – Attending to every detail of our business with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, and thoroughness.
- Positive Discontent – Views change positively. Resilient and optimistic. Constantly looking for opportunities to improve self and the business.
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Law, Management or Business Administration
- 5+ years’ experience working in government compliance
- Knowledge of FAR and CAS
- Experience interacting with DCMA and DCAA personnel
- Working knowledge of Costpoint
- Project management skills.
Up to 10% travel within the US
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Job Family Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Alexandria, VA, USA