Material Handler (Packaging) - Afternoon Shift
As a full-service partner to both leading and emerging brands, Voyant Beauty helps our customers compete in the beauty landscape—offering everything from marketing insights and ingredient research to development and manufacturing of award-winning products. Voyant Beauty specializes in the development and manufacturing of high-performance personal care and beauty products. Our business and our processes are designed to help you satisfy real consumer needs.
To ship and receive raw material and finished goods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ship, receive and warehouse raw materials and finished products.
- Unload trucks in a timely manner.
- Receiving incoming material from Vendors and checking counts against packing slips.
- Pick packaging material for production lines.
- License plating incoming materials from vendors.
- Putting away return packaging material from production lines.
- Putting stock away in proper locations.
- Perform routine warehouse inventory as requested by coordinator.
- Keep area in a clean and safe manner that complies with GMP, SOP's, safety standards and follows plant policies and procedures.
- Performing regular Forklift inspections.
- Must have knowledge of GMP and customer requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be alert and able to follow directions.
- Must be a licensed tow motor operator or pass the basic Voyant tow motor test.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be W.H.M.I.S. trained.
- Able to lift heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime, where necessary.
- Must be flexible and work as team member.
- Must be able to work in noisy environment.
- Consistent heavy lifting up to 25kg over an 8-hour period.
- Must be able to wear a respirator for 8 hours due to consistent interaction with a variety of chemicals and chemical products.
- Working with dust and unpleasant odours and fumes.
- Heavy physical activity of rolling drums up to 300kg for up to 8 hours.
- Surroundings also consist of flammable, combustible, toxic and corrosive chemicals.
- High-pressure environment which is continually changing.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rexdale, Toronto, ON, Canada