Shift Supervisor/Concierge (VIC I-601)
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
The Shift Supervisor/Concierge assists clients and guest ensuring that their requests are met. They coordinate the non-clinical needs of families and guest, by greeting, managing, maintaining security and coordinating the operations of the client care team. The Concierge orients clients to the program and engages clients in services, protect client rights, promotes client and coworker safety and clarify facility rules.
The position requires a high school degree or GED with at least two years of relevant experience. This position requires a valid state driver’s license with a safe driving record that meets agency policy. Must maintain agency authorized driver status.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
1. Supervise all front desk staff activities to ensure adherence to policy and procedures. Ensures proper documentation of front desk activities.
2. Monitor building safety. Make scheduled rounds of assigned areas to safeguard clients and property.
3. Oversee client participation in daily program activities. Provide optimal customer service.
4. Arrange and transport clients to appointments, escort clients to assigned apartments, distribute linens and supplies. Drive agency vehicles to transport clients, if assigned.
5. Accept new clients in electronic records database.
6. Provide emergency response including crisis management, first aid, CPR and fire response as needed.
7. Complete Incident Reports as outlined by the Program Manual and Funder guidelines.
8. Perform other related duties as requested.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. Front desk activities are performed accurately and completely. Front desk activities are accurately documented.
2. Building safety is monitored and maintained.
3. Client activities operate professionally and clients are engaged. Positive relationships are fostered.
4. Clients receive accommodations and services in accordance with established procedures.
5. New client information is reviewed, accepted promptly and maintained in records database.
6. Emergency resident needs are met and incidents properly documented.
7. Incident reporting is timely and accurate. Safety hazards and emergency situations are handled, safely, promptly and professionally.
8. All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in a residential shelter environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers, clients and/or vendors. This position requires sitting, standing and walking. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
- Job Family Shift Supervisor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bronx, NY, USA