Front Desk/ Security Monitor -Various Shifts- Legacy Family Residence
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
The front desk monitor answers telephone calls and takes messages for staff, receives and assists visitors, receives and routes deliveries, aids residents, and controls front door access.
High school diploma or GED preferred. Must possess good interpersonal skills and basic computer knowledge. Certifications in security required and CPR/First Aid certification preferred
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
- Greet all visitors; assist them directly or announce their arrival to staff or residents.
- Ensure that all clients sign in and out as required.
- Route mail and deliveries as required.
- Handle or assist in crisis intervention.
- Follow assigned procedures in emergency situations.
- Conduct rounds at residence as assigned
- Perform other related duties as requested
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
- Visitors are assisted promptly and courteously.
- Client locations can be tracked at all times.
- Mail and deliveries are routed to the appropriate people.
- Crises are handled according to agency policy.
- Emergency situations are responded to according to agency policy.
- Rounds are conducted as scheduled and all incidence reported.
- All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in a residential housing shelter environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers, clients and/or vendors. This position requires sitting, standing and walking. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
- Job Family Temporary Staff
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Legacy Family Residence, 108-75 Avenue D, Brooklyn, New York, United States of America