Customer Care Worker - Men's Assessment Shelter
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
- Oversee client participation in daily program activities, monitor observance of client’s rights and client adherence to program rules and routines
- Escort clients to appointments, manage bed assignments, collect census data, distribute linens and supplies, manage access booth and update log book
- Accept new clients in electronic records database
- Provide optimal customer service while issuing meal cards, mail, medication, lockers and toiletries
- Make scheduled rounds of assigned areas to safeguard clients and property and promote appropriate behavior.
- Provide emergency response including crisis management, first aid, CPR and fire response as needed
- Complete Incident Reports as outlined by the Program Manual and Funder guidelines. Report any instances of violations of client rights, incidents involving clients’ non-compliance of rules and regulations and any criminal activity promptly to the Operations Manager
- Drive agency vehicles to transport clients, if assigned
- Job Family Client Care Worker
- Job Function Program Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Randalls and Wards Islands, New York, NY, USA
- Schwartz Homeless Shelter, 65 Charles Gay Loop, Wards Island, New York, United States of America