Front Desk Monitor - Various Shifts
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
The Front Desk Monitor/Client Care Specialist ensures the safety and security of clients, staff and facility. Receives and assists clients, receives and routes deliveries, aids residents, controls front door access, and assists with intake and orientation process.
High school diploma or GED. Must possess a polite and pleasant manner, be efficient and firm, and have the ability to operate a busy front desk/security operation. Must be able to perform diverse tasks with ease and maintain confidentiality.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
- Greet all visitors; assist them directly or announce their arrival to staff or residents.
- Assist with intake process.
- Ensure lodging sheets are signed daily.
- Ensure SORTS is updated daily in an accurate manner.
- Ensure all clients sign in and out daily as required.
- Route mail and deliveries as required.
- Handle or assist in crisis intervention.
- Follow assigned procedures in emergency situations.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
- Visitors are assisted promptly and courteously.
- Client locations can be tracked at all times.
- Lodging sheets are signed and logged.
- SORTS is updated and maintained on a daily basis.
- Guest book/log is up to date and accurate.
- Mail and deliveries are routed to the appropriate people.
- Crises are handled according to agency policy.
- Emergency situations are responded to according to agency policy.
- All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in a residential housing environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers, clients and/or vendors. This position requires standing, bending and walking. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
- Job Family Front Desk Monitor/Receptionist
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.27
- Max Hiring Rate $18.27
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Bronx, NY, USA