Maintenance Worker II (LFR840)
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
Position: Maintenance Worker II (LFR840)
The Maintenance Worker II is responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of the building and grounds including some minor repairs. Assists in managing the preventative maintenance program.
High School diploma or GED preferred with relevant experience in minor repairs.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
- Clean and repair facility in accordance with the schedule.
- Assist in preparing facility areas for appropriate program use.
- Complete work orders.
- Accept and transport deliveries of supplies, furniture, and other program materials.
- Assist in inventory control.
- Assist in routine site safety inspections and preventive maintenance, which may include heating, refrigeration, boilers, plumbing units, equipment and fixtures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
- A clean, safe environment is maintained.
- Areas of facility are prepared for appropriate use.
- Work orders receive prompt attention and are completed in a timely manner.
- Deliveries are routed to the appropriate location.
- Inventory is properly monitored.
- Maintenance problems and safety hazards are reported promptly.
- Related duties are performed completely, accurately and on time.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in an office and a residential shelter environment. Activities occur inside and outside.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
This is a full – time position.
- Job Family Maintenance Technician
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Legacy Family Residence, 108-75 Avenue D, Brooklyn, New York, United States of America