Nurse-RN/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner(WLS759)
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
Position: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (WLS759)
The Psychiatric / Nurse Practitioner, acting as part of the clinical team, is responsible for the completion of mental health status reports necessary for transition into and within the program from hospitals, community-based programs, and residential settings.He/she may provide other assistance appropriate to his/her education and experience.
A current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of New York, DEA registered, certification by New York Education Department in Psychiatry preferred and a minimum of three years of clinical experience.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
- Conduct physical and mental health/risk assessments and diagnostics, as needed.
- Assist in the development of client-specific treatment plans, including medication management and monitoring the course of treatment.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to provide direct care to residents.
- Participate and coordinate in organizational development activities including meetings, quality and performance initiatives and in-service trainings for staff.
- Serve as a consulting resource to staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. 1. All physical and mental health/risk assessments and diagnostics are performed in a timely fashion.
2. The physical and mental health of the resident population are adequately assessed, and appropriate treatment plans are developed and implemented.
3. To ensure continuity of services for all residents.
4. Staff is knowledgeable of and sensitive to the physical and mental health of the resident population.
5. Staff are appropriately trained.
6. Related duties are performed completely, accurately and on time.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in an office and transitional shelter environment performing administrative work.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers and/or vendors. This position requires sitting for long period of times. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a part – time position.
- Job Family Nurse
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Friday, May 20, 2022
- Bronx, NY, USA
- Wales Housing, 592 Wales Avenue, Bronx, New York, United States of America