Front Desk Monitor (LIB750)
The Front Desk Monitor answers telephone calls and takes messages for staff, receives and assists visitors, receives and routes deliveries, aids residents, and controls front door access.
High school diploma or GED. Must possess a polite and pleasant manner, be efficient and firm, and have the ability to operate a busy front desk/security operation. Must be able to perform diverse tasks with ease and maintain confidentiality. Certifications in security, CPR/First Aid, and Fire Safety (F-80) required, in accordance with regulatory mandates covering this program site.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
- Greet all visitors; assist them directly or announce their arrival to staff or residents.
- Ensure that all clients sign in and out as required.
- Route mail and deliveries as required.
- Handle or assist in crisis intervention.
- Follow assigned procedures in emergency situations.
- Conduct rounds at residence as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
- Visitors are assisted promptly and courteously.
- Client locations can be tracked at all times.
- Mail and deliveries are routed to the appropriate people.
- Crises are handled according to agency policy.
- Emergency situations are responded to according to agency policy.
- Rounds are conducted as scheduled and all incidence reported.
- All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in a residential housing shelter environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers, clients and/or vendors. This position requires sitting, standing, and walking. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a part-time position.
- Job Family Front Desk Monitor/Receptionist
- Pay Type Hourly
- New York, NY, USA