Social Worker - LCSW (SHS750)
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
The Schwartz Assessment Shelter is a 377-bed shelter for men operating 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Clients are referred to the program by the New York City Department of Homeless Services.
The Social Worker/Client Care Coordinators will enhance existing services to include a thorough assessment of families’ long term goals at intake and development of service plan to incorporate small achievable tasks leading to permanent housing with enrollment and/or referrals to community resources.
- Conduct initial assessment for newly admitted clients within 72 hours of admission
- Manage program record keeping, data collection and evaluation on the effectiveness of Client Care Coordinators services for individuals in shelter.
- Ensure that quality services and interventions are being provided and develop a system for monitoring.
- Provide on-call crisis intervention support as needed.
- Develop community linkages.
- Develop and implement onsite support groups for clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Job Family Social Worker
- Job Function Program Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Job Start Date Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Randalls and Wards Islands, New York, NY, USA
- Schwartz Homeless Shelter, 65 Charles Gay Loop, Wards Island, New York, United States of America