Vivage - Food And Nutrition Manager - Great Falls, MT
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture ~ Competitive Pay ~ Growth Opportunities ~ Great Benefits ~ Family Environment
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Food and Nutrition Manager directs production and service for high quality meals; organize, supervise, and train food service employees; purchase food and supplies; provide a sanitary and infection free environment; participate in the nutrition assessment process; contribute to care plans; modify menus and meals; make decisions. Prepare, cook, season, and serve adequate, attractive, nutritious, and balanced meals, including meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, fruit, soups, salads, desserts, breads, and pastries, as specified and scheduled by the menus. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures and reports to the Administrator.
- Assist in the development of dietetic policies and procedures
- Follows menus as reviewed by registered dietitian for resident satisfaction and special events
- Maintain a file of standard recipes or accesses computerized system for menu management
- Visit residents and assist in gathering information on food preferences
- Follow up recommendations of the dietitian and state and local survey team
- Monitor residents weights with registered dietitian
- Maintain records, such as meal census, diets served, menus, purchase records, nutrition interventions offered and weekly staffing patterns
- Assist in the resident assessment process and comprehensive care plan
- Review resident diet information and care plans, and discuss with resident, family, nursing staff, and consultant dietitian as necessary to make appropriate changes
- Instruct new residents concerning when meals are to be served, coffee time, and food selection
- Supervise the receiving and storage of food
- Supervise food preparation and service
- Maintain high sanitation standards per local code
- Ensure maintenance of equipment
- Schedule food service employees
- Supervise cleaning procedures to ensure safe and sanitary conditions are maintained within the food service department, including kitchen, dining room, refrigerators and freezers
License/Certification: Dietitian, Diet Technician, chef, and/or dietary manager meeting current requirements established by the state regulatory agency or agrees to complete certification within one year of employment
Education: High school diploma
Experience: Previous experience in the food service department of a health care facility preferred.
Job Knowledge: Ability to read, write, and use mathematics and units of measurement, knowledge of menus, recipes, food purchasing, preparation, and storage, ability to supervise and manage people, knowledge of community policies and procedures and job
descriptions. Must be able to lift 50 pounds
COVID Vaccine Required or Valid Exemption
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Great Falls, MT, USA