Distribution Mechanic III
Boston, MA, USA Req #176
Monday, June 20, 2022
Vicinity Energy is North America’s largest provider of district energy solutions, offering low carbon energy to most of the iconic buildings you see in the skylines of Boston, Cambridge, Philadelphia, Baltimore and many other cities in the US. As a member of the communities we serve, all of us at Vicinity understand the critical role we play in reducing the impacts of climate change and being a leader in decarbonization. We are committed to net zero and eliminating our reliance on fossil fuels, but we need the best and the brightest minds on our team to help us reach our goal, not only for us as a company, but for our customers, our communities, and our planet.
Performs a variety of assignments requiring a high degree of knowledge in the mechanical field. This is a full- time hourly position, reporting to the Distribution Supervisor in Boston, MA. This position is a member of the Bargaining Unit Member of the IUOE, Local 877.
• Uses all hand and power tools to maintain and repair equipment.
• Basic understanding of the repair for: pumping devices, valves, PRVs, traps, and piping systems.
• Thorough understanding of procedures used to turn on and off steam lines, including the ability to describe water hammer, its danger and precautionary measures to avoid it.
• Basic pipefitting skills.
• Basic knowledge of safe rigging and hoisting techniques.
• Keep work areas clean and orderly and maintain safe working conditions.
• Assist in training other Mechanic 3s.
• Assist others as required.
• All other related duties.
Qualifications and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Requires a valid MA driver's license minimum Class D and safe driving record.
• Able to follow DOT regulations when required.
• Required to wear a half face respirator or powered air respirators (PAPR) or proper safety procedures warrant use.
• Required to lift and / or operate machinery, tools, etc., weighing up to 50 pounds, unassisted.
• Required to work in confined spaces.
• Required climbing ladders, and / or stairs.
• Required to work in all adverse conditions, both indoors and outdoors all seasons.
• Required to work in hot areas.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA