Data Analytics Lead (Hybrid)
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Data Analytics Lead.
This important role will build and maintain strong relationships with business partners and data delivery team, while supporting the company’s data analytics capabilities using modern cloud based technologies and ensuring delivery of high-quality analytics solutions. The Data Analytics Lead should be an experienced leader with deep hands-on expertise in delivering data management capabilities and processes by leading various data initiatives using the engineering and analytics staff within the data services team. This role also provides the necessary leadership, research, analysis and design related to the development or procurement of technology solutions to ensure these meet business needs and align with data governance and standards. They have a deep understanding of business goals, performance objectives, desired outcomes, capabilities, and processes. The Data Analytics Lead will oversee work performed by various team members in the cross functional teams within the Data Services organization and track project and personnel performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading iterative data projects by partnering with business analysts, data architect, project management staff and representatives of various governing and controlling functions; forming and organizing deliverables and ensuring the outcomes are met with accuracy and quality.
- Leading requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation processes to capture business and end user needs. Assisting in prioritizing needs within and across projects based on business impact.
- Assessing the risks of solution options and developing plans to mitigate them.
- Supporting enterprise data strategy and organizational change management.
- Providing consultative support and advice for business partners on technology, and for technology partners on business processes.
- Coaching and facilitating coaching for various team members and stakeholders in making use of the right technology and information as intended.
- Assembling performance data on projects, tasks and resources and provide periodic feedback to the management.
- Guiding solution design to meet data and integration requirements
- Using modern data and analytics tools to gather data, analyze problems, aid with designs, monitor progress and facilitate delivery of data solutions
- Identifying new opportunities to leverage data and to integrate data or applications to enhance business value
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience (Master’s degree preferred).
- Knowledge of cloud data technologies (preferably Microsoft based).
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls.
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps.
- Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences.
Preferred experience includes
- A Data Management, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence or similar certification.
- Experience in leading or contributing to a data management solution development discipline.
- Experience in IT in technology architecture, operations, and design related disciplines.
- Knowledge of iterative delivery models and techniques like Agile, Scrum or similar.
- Hands-on knowledge of general project oversight/management principles.
- Knowledge of financial/mortgage business data and processes.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hybrid work model (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
A background check will be performed as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 30
- 601 S Belvidere St, Richmond, VA 23220, USA