Sr. Data Architect (Hybrid)
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Sr. Data Architect.
This important role acts as the main data architecture expert on all data programs, providing direction, guidance, and definition of Virginia Housing’s data architecture and contributes to the development of policies, strategies and best practices. This role also provides the necessary leadership, research, analysis and design related to the development or procurement of modern technology solutions to ensure these meet business needs and align with data architecture governance and standards. This role is responsible for creating and documenting the current and future-state data architectures, data models, standards, and strategies for the Data Services team through a deep understanding of the underlying enterprise strategic and business plan drivers. The Sr. Data Architect is also responsible for working with both business and technology stakeholders on defining the data architecture and high-level design on important and complex data projects and programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Simplifying any existing data architecture, delivering reusable services and cost saving opportunities in line with the policies and standards of the group.
- Ensuring the end-to-end solution is fit for purpose, meet the needs of business, the agreed requirements, and are both pragmatic and supportive of the strategic architecture direction.
- Developing conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data analysis and business intelligence.
- Evaluating and recommending emerging technologies for data management, storage and analytics.
- Defining and managing standards, guidelines and processes to ensure data quality.
- Ensuring technology solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state.
- Overseeing end-to-end data life cycle management activities across data management product lines.
- Working closely with senior business stakeholders and partners to secure strong engagement for the solution and ensuring that the delivery of the project aligns to longer-term strategic roadmaps.
- Leading collaborative teams working with other areas within the Enterprise Governance group to ensure that all solutions are complete, operable, conform to business processes, and meet the business needs with the agreed quality of service.
- Responsible throughout the entire project lifecycle for the end-to-end data solution and compliance with enterprise data model and logical data groups.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system architecture or a related study, or equivalent experience (Master’s degree preferred).
- A few years (3+ preferred) of experience working as a data architecture or a similar role.
- A few years (3+ preferred) of combined experience in leading or contributing to a data management solution development discipline.
- A couple of years of experience in IT in technology architecture, operations, and design related disciplines.
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps.
- Expert knowledge of data modeling, documentation and governance tools and techniques.
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud data technologies preferably Microsoft based.
- Participation and facilitation of the data governance bodies.
- Hands on experience of general product development and project management principles and processes.
- Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences.
Preferred experience includes:
- A Data Management, Data Architecture, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence or similar certification from a reputable institution.
- Any cloud provider technology certification on a data platform, ideally Microsoft.
- Experience of financial/mortgage business data and processes.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $109,604 - $142,485
Hybrid work model (3 days in the office, 2 days remote)
A background check will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $109,604.00
- Max Hiring Rate $142,485.00
- Travel Required No
- Telecommute % 30
- 601 S Belvidere St, Richmond, VA 23220, USA