Associate Brand Manager
Works closely with supervisor in managing specific trading card products, from initial conceptualization through completion. Develops business and product strategies, analyzing financial goals of the product, and works with sales/marketing to deliver the product to end consumer. Works closely with Product Development Team, executing initiatives while simultaneously managing scheduling and production goals. Communicates with key external partners on a regular basis, facilitating product strategy and sales discussions. In sum, this position encompasses development and implementation of business plans, product line profitability, analysis, and evaluation of product marketplace and new product opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities listed below are to be reviewed by the supervisor of this position.
- Implements business objectives in conjunction with production team, managing the process of Scoping, Business Case, initial Development with R&D and Creative, and Post-Mortem analysis. Works closely with Product Development team in executing the full product development production
- Manages timing and implementation of products associated with the License. Manages business relationship with Licensor. Creates brand presentations for internal and external partners.
- Develops short term and long-range plans for a specific Brand based on history analysis, market trends, competition, and UDC product portfolio. Creates initial business plan, including product concept and design direction. Responsible for P&L management of brand and works with Product Manager to reach profitability goals.
- Responsible for keeping the company partners up-to-date with ranging developments. Liaison with other departments. Key role in working closely with Product Management team, incorporating concepts from Brand Team to Product Development team for production. Recommends, communicates, and coordinates launch strategies and calendars, product promotions, creative product directions, etc.
- Works within UDC department and produces products commensurate to strategies specified in licensed product portfolio business plans. Conducts research on market trends and takes team-leading role in all aspects of product definition, channel distribution strategy, and marketing direction.
- Provides direction into Marketing/Advertising/Promotions/PR campaigns in line with corporate strategies and initiatives. Attends meetings and Trade Shows to communicate product plans and strategies. Develops website strategy to review with Marketing Manager for final direction and execution.
- In conjunction with the packaging design team and external parties, develops ways to best display and promote product for consumers of varying distribution channels.
This position will interact closely with the Director of Trading Cards, Product Development Team, Project Manager, a core R&D team, Finance, Sales Management, Legal, Design, and Senior Managements along with related Company staff members and external parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business, Marketing, Product Development or related experience
- 3+ years experience in product marketing or product development with a strong desire to learn
REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Brand management or product management experience
- Basic knowledge of budgeting, P&Ls, and product profitability analysis. Ability to communicate with Product Management in working on cost cutting solutions to improve product profitability.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to apply creative thinking to product themes, content and business solutions
- Ability to lead focused meetings
- Ability to communicate with external parties frequently to discuss product strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Writing creative briefs for advertising, promotions, card design, packaging, and web design for brands
- Motivated, proactive and organized
- Team player orientation
- Retail and Hobby Sales knowledge a plus
- Interest in trading cards and trading card games a plus
- Interest and knowledge of sports, hockey a plus
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to interface with internal and external parties
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on behalf of Upper Deck
- Proficiency in the following software: MS Office, MS Project and Sharepoint a plus
- Pay Type Hourly
- Carlsbad, 5830 El Camino Real, Carlsbad, California, United States of America