DIGITAL MARKETING COPYWRITER
Note: this is a contract position.
Reporting to the Senior Content Strategist and in collaboration with the broader marketing team, the digital marketing copywriter will produce traffic-driving SEO content as well as helpful blog articles for the two largest moving companies in America, UnitedVanlines.com and Mayflower.com. This copywriter will also support writing requests across our family of brands as needed (outlined below.)
The work location for this role is flexible if approved by UniGroup except this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado or California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write a minimum of 6-8 traffic-driving blog articles per month using provided SEO templates, topics, keyword research and brand guidelines.
- Support content writing requests across our family of brands as needed, including blog posts and webpages, regional guides, ad copy, social media posts, sales collateral and newsletters.
- Understand and implement SEO copywriting best practices.
- Proofread work of other writers
- Collaborate with the web content manager to follow SEO best practices and ensure goals are being met.
- Demonstrate exceptional writing, storytelling, proofreading and editing skills.
- Effectively adapt creative briefs and stakeholder feedback into finished pieces.
- Produces clear, concise and grammatically correct content that adheres to brand guidelines.
- Conduct thorough research and fact-checking from trustworthy sources.
- Manage multiple projects with adherence to strict deadlines.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in journalism, copywriting or content marketing.
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing and/or copywriting for consumer brands
- Strong writing portfolio
- Current understanding of SEO copywriting best practices
- Organization, time management and self-sufficiency skills.
- SEO or related digital content marketing certification
- Experience writing regional, moving or lifestyle editorial content/copy
- Efficiency: Organized, detail-oriented, timely and able to solve problems and begin projects independently.
- Interpersonal: Actively influences team collaboration by contributing ideas and work to the team effort.
- Business: Maintains working knowledge of business objectives to maximize contribution toward company results.
- Communications: Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication and listening skills; possesses the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Language: Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Technology: Proficient in using multiple software programs and web-based applications such as e-mail, Microsoft Office Suite products, internet browsers, etc.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that with disabilities are reasonable . If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fenton, MO, USA