BROKERAGE - LOGISTICS OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Defines, implements and executes complex customized supply chain solutions. Inclusive of interpretation of contract verbiage and pricing structures, operational activity, cost negotiations and agent/vendor/customer communications, and claims resolutions utilizing both tactical and strategic problem-solving methods and adhering to company policies and departmental procedures while monitoring Key Performance Indicators.
The work location for this role is flexible if approved by UniGroup except this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of multiple direct or indirect accounts and vendors that do not fit into well-defined processes
- Receives customer orders, enters in selected system and arranges/negotiates servicing vendors
- Arranges appropriate mode and sequence of transportation and logistical solutions including TL, LTL, and white glove.
- Prepares, sends and monitors correspondence, creates spreadsheets and reports, copies and files documents in support of various operational activities. Generates necessary paperwork to complete the requested services
- Manages quality objectives and KPI's at the shipment level within profitability guidelines and tracks cost
- Performs price and payment negotiations with customers and vendors to ensure an acceptable profit margin
- Tracks the on-time, damage free service levels being provided by all vendors
- Qualifies and builds the third-party carrier network by following UniGroup's required minimum standards while monitoring FMCSA and DOT regulations
- Assists management with process improvements initiatives to increase quality, profitability and opportunities for growth
- Identifies solutions, systems and cost associated with the management of the proposals
- Construct Operational process flow of awarded business
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Admin or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Logistics
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Fenton, MO, USA