TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT: INTERNSHIP/SEASONAL
Looking for the opportunity to list a paid internship on your resume or simply just looking for summer work? UniGroup is hiring Transportation Assistants to collaborate with the operations department this summer and assist with various logistic tasks and customer satisfaction. This is a great way to use existing customer services skills to grow your knowledge and career opportunities within the logistics field. This role has the potential to develop into a full-time opportunity within UniGroup.
Under general supervision, this position assists the operations department with several logistical tasks including obtaining actual weights, determining how to best utilize available capacity, ensuring timely pickup and delivery performance as well as providing high customer satisfaction. Communicates daily with agents, operations team members, van operators and other departments regarding orders, assignment changes and unique order requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides high quality customer service to agents, van operators and other personnel.
- Works closely with the operations team members to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maximizes operational ability to locate trucks by creating potential solutions.
- Monitors top priority accounts to confirm compliance with operational policies and procedures as well as ensuring that all accounts are receiving exceptional service.
- Resolves and documents situations in a timely and through manner.
- Monitors and finds service solutions for our customers.
- Makes financial decisions based on research and knowledge.
- Works on individual projects with some latitude given as to the creation and development.
- Documents accountability and responsibility on specific orders/loads.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Time Requirements: Must be able to work 12 weeks (40 hours per week) for the months of May- August
Education, License or Certification:
- Associates Degree or currently pursuing degree.
- Strong attention to detail with analytical skills
- Works well under pressure and time constraints
- A strategic and analytical problem solver that applies sound judgment in decisions
- Previous job experience that showcases customer service skills
- Successful demonstration of leadership roles
- Excel or Access experience preferred
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Fenton, MO, USA