Sorting Room Worker (Part-Time) - Tallahassee, FL
The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith-based organization, has a job opening for a Sorting Room Worker for the Family Store located in Tallahassee, Florida. This is a Part-Time position, working up to 29 hours per week.
Receives, sorts, prices and prepares donated items for display in the store; determines suitability and pricing of items based on established standards; assists in maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse area.
Receives, inspects and sorts donated items such as clothes, shoes, household items, bric-a-brac, etc. according to the category and condition.
Selects items suitable for store display and distributes same to appropriate area for further sorting and/or pricing; discards items in accordance with established procedures.
- Tags items with specially coded tickets and/or prices in accordance with established procedures.
- Hangs clothes on hangers and places same on clothes racks.
- Packs items in boxes and marks boxes accordingly; assists in transporting boxes to appropriate storage area.
- Prepares non-suitable clothes for the bailer.
- Lifts and carries items to the appropriate destination for further processing, storage or displaying in store.
- Maintains warehouse area in a neat and orderly manner; cleans floors, tables and work areas.
- May assist in answering the telephone; provides general information and records messages.
- May assist in preparing receipts for donations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to sort items in accordance with established categories.
- Ability to determine the condition of items in accordance with established standards.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to communicate the English language.
Materials & Equipment Used
Hand Truck Cleaning Products
Ticket-Gun Clothes Racks & Hangers
Education and Experience
No formal education or experience required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Physical ability to lift and carry and/or push/pull moderately heavy objects (25-50 lbs.).
- Moderate mobility: duties are usually performed by combinations of sitting, standing, and walking on a frequent change basis. Distance of travel is usually within the same building.
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment where there are physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Store
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $10.00
- Max Hiring Rate $10.18
- Tallahassee, FL 2410 Allen Rd. 32312, 2410 Allen Rd, Tallahassee, Florida, United States of America