Shelter Manager - Charlotte, NC
Supervise all operations staff in order to provide a well-organized and effective operation that will assist homeless women & children during their time of immediate and on-going crisis. Provide administrative services and support to social Services staff
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job. The Salvation Army reserves the right to revise the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed based on the organization's need or when circumstances change.
· Supervise all non-professional hourly staff including but not limited to Resident Advisors, Security, Weekend Supervisor and Housekeeping. Assist Director of Operations in responsibility for hire, train, direct, schedule, evaluate, and discipline of staff. Recommend for release/termination of staff.
· Ensure that all shelter operations run within parameters designated by management. This includes but is not limited to shelter rules, staffing requirements, kitchen operations, and housekeeping standards.
· Prepare necessary paper work to ensure statistical data is correctly input by data entry staff.
· Assists in the evaluation of intake procedures as well as in any recommended revision of procedures needed to improve or enhance the intake process. Assists with training and advisement of client intake by Resident Advisors or volunteers that may assist in shelter operations.
· Monitors rule violations submitted on residents and provides input to Director.
· Responsible to maintain adequate inventories of supplies for shelter operations through recommendation of requisition and/or purchase.
· Provide ongoing training and computer support to social services/shelter staff.
· Adhere to the strictest professional confidentiality standards in regards to client information.
· Assist in the conservation of all Salvation Army resources.
· Abide by all Salvation Army policies/procedures.
· Be willing to assist in any other way asked in order to fulfill the mission of The Salvation Army.
· Complete any other duties as may be requested by Salvation Army management.
· Conduct and/or participate in fire drills according to fire evacuation plan according to government requirements for residential programs.
· Rotate with Program Manager and Direct of Social Services with being on 24/7 call
· Any other duties requested or assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Prefer bachelor’s degree. Will consider combination of college related education and/or related work experience. Prior supervisory experience necessary. Computer literacy necessary.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of - computers
Skills in - writing and speaking in English language
- communicating in Spanish language helpful
- Good telephone communications
Ability to - organize work priorities
- Work well with others in a team setting
- be positive leadership role model for staff
- interact well with social work staff
- handle multiple duties simultaneously
- meet job attendance requirements
- interpret and implement program to meet goals and objectives
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Capable of understanding and interpreting the mission of The Salvation Army and its shelter programs.
Ability to communicate effectively with other people.
Position requires office and shelter environment mainly indoors. The Salvation Army strives to have an environment free from the presence or use of alcohol, drugs or other controlled substances. All Salvation Army facilities and vehicles provide a smoke free environment. Position may encounter stressful situations.
ALL EMPLOYEES RECOGNIZE THAT THE SALVATION ARMY IS A CHURCH AND AGREE THAT THEY WILL DO NOTHING AS AN EMPLOYEE OF THE SALVATION ARMY TO UNDERMINE its RELIGIOUS MISSION.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in His name without discrimination.
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family NSC-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Housing
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4015 Stuart Andrew Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28217, USA
- Charlotte, NC 4015 STUART ANDREW BLVD, STE 120 28217, 4015 STUART ANDREW BLVD, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America