Software Product Engineering - Sr. Engineer - Software
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
Tabula Rasa Healthcare is looking for an energetic, innovative and highly skilled developer with the drive and desire to work for a cutting-edge healthcare solutions company. The Senior Engineer will have a strong understanding of Object Oriented and Service Oriented Architectures who can help develop state-of-the-art solutions to enable better clinical outcomes. We are looking for an individual who can think nimbly and is passionate about technology and can think outside the box. This individual will be charged with helping to steer the team to holistically and tactically to deliver cutting-edge technologies. They will have an exceptional understanding of functional programming as well as modern software engineering design paradigms.
This is a remote role.
The Enterprise Services team is responsible for developing common components, shared services and enterprise-level APIs to help clinicians make optimal medication prescription decisions for their patients. This position will leverage a variety of industry practices and frameworks, including HL7 and FHIR. Our products quite literally save lives and improve medical outcomes. The role will require mentoring and collaborating within the team and to assist more junior team members. We are looking for an individual who can think nimbly, mentor technically, and is passionate about technology.
At Tabula Rasa Healthcare we believe that technology can improve healthcare and we strive to be the world’s most trusted solution for the safe use of medications. We are passionate about leveraging the latest technologies and medical research to improve the lives of patients around the world. Working here gives you an opportunity to positively impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. The TRHC way is our 32 fundamentals that all associates live by to deliver world class software and foster a high performing culture.
- Work in an Agile development environment; actively participate in and contribute to all Scrum ceremonies
- Design, develop and deliver software solutions per requirements and committed schedules
- Test, debug and add enhancements to existing applications
- Produce detailed technical specifications based on requirements and design
- Ability to code review and provide recommendations
- Analyze and research software requirements to determine feasibility of design and market requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Serve as a technical expert in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or complex enhancements to existing software.
- Resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved with integrating them with our Cloud and product infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communication among team members and members within their respective organization
- Proactively raises problems and solutions to staff engineers and management
- Communicates and proposes solutions to updates, changes, and risks to stakeholders
- Mentor junior engineers
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral.
- 5+ years of software development experience with modern programming languages and concepts
- Collaborative architecture and system design skills
- Demonstrated experience delivering customer value at a rapid pace, while maintaining a high level of software quality
- Passion for software development processes and engineering culture
- Proficiency with common development tools (e.g., Git, Jira, etc.) and processes (e.g., pair programming, QA, deployments)
- Strong understanding of FHIR and/or HL7
- Accountable for code quality and team standards being followed among junior engineers
- Working understanding of Ramda, Apache Beam
- Experience with Instrumentation, analytics and performance measurement
- Experience with agile methodology is a plus (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Experience with AWS or GCP a plus
- Experience with MS SQL Server and MySQL is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or related practical experience.
- M.S. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study(preferred)
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mt Pleasant, SC, USA