Pharmacy Technician (On-Call)
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
On-Call Schedule/remote position: (EST)
Will work nights and alternating weekends with other Pharmacy Technicians:
- Pharm 1 & 3, alternating weekends:
- Sat 1p-9p
- Sun 9a-5p
- Pharm 2 & 4, alternating weekends:
- Sat 9a-5p
- Sun 1p-9p
- Work every 4th week Mon-Fri 7:30p-9:30p
Under the direction of the Call Center Director or Pharmacist in Charge, the ATM/CPN On-Call Pharmacy Technician supports customer service functions and communications with clients to assure patient demographics and medication profiles are updated in a timely manner during afterhours. Ensures secure, accurate and up to date patient information in company software. Works under the direction of the Pharmacists to customize and fill prescription orders, refills, and related requests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives and triages incoming phone calls and messages to handle questions, refill orders or other service requests and to ensure that clients have a positive experience in calling into the Company.
- Establishes relationships with clients and medical professionals to service their needs with professionalism, efficiency, and superior customer care in mind.
- Escalates calls to pharmacist that exceed Pharmacy Tech scope of expertise but maintains ownership to ensure resolution for each request.
- Establishes and maintains patient profiles, including allergies, date of birth lists of medications taken by individual patients and other information required to maintain accurate patient information.
- Performs prescription data entry for initial review by Clinical Pharmacist. Provides timely data entry assuring the correct drug, dosage form, quantity, refill information and packaging is prepared for dispense to the correct patient. Uses proprietary software system to verify and document patient information, prescriber files, order status and other notes relevant to patient care. Uses this system for messaging and tracking quality notes as well.
- Receives and processes prescription refill requests. Directs clients to use the proper systems for requests/documentation. Where new orders cannot be processed in writing, forwards verbal requests to pharmacist.
- Ensures that directions for patients are easy to understand and appropriate for the patient.
- Assures the delivery method selected with properly identified delivery location.
- Prepares and processes billing claims based on dispensing the correct days’ supply for the prescription, and that the number of refills authorized, and quantity dispensed does not exceed state or federal limits that apply to controlled substance prescriptions.
- Makes outgoing calls to gather/confirm information necessary to process customer requests or otherwise contribute to pharmacy operations.
- Coordinates and set’s up courier services when needed.
- Resolves adjudications failures so that local pharmacies can process claims
- Processes Access to Machine (ATM) orders.
- Facilitates Community Pharmacy Network (CPN) transfers. Completes internal documentation of work completed and keeps records of CPN transactions.
- Procures medications locally for same day requests.
- Provides prescription documentation needed by local pharmacies for safe and accurate dispensing.
- Remains continuously aware of CPN issues (technology, logistics, business, financial, etc.) and develops creative solutions to meet those needs.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, change in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
EDUCATION: High School Diploma (Required); Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 year of pharmacy technician experience (Required)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be registered with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy. (Required)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent typing/data entry accuracy with good speed.
- Strong computer proficiency to navigate proprietary and other software Able to compile, code, categorize, calculate, and verify data.
- Strong listening/reading comprehension.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Understanding of clinical terms and impacts.
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities without sacrificing quality.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Independent, responsible, and self-directed
- Empathetic and patient focused
- Solutions and compliance oriented
- Possesses high level of integrity
- Quality oriented
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boulder, CO, USA
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA