Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
On-Call Schedule: Eastern Time Zone
- Pharm 1
- Fri 6p-Sat 9a
- Sat 6p- Sun 9a
- Sun 6p-Mon 9a
- Pharm 2
- Mon 6p- Tues 9a
- Tues 6p-Wed 9a
- Wed 6p-Thurs 9a
- Thurs 6p-Fri 9a
Under the direction of the Call Center Director or Pharmacist in charge, the On-Call Pharmacist helps to lead the revolution to improve healthcare to our nation’s most vulnerable seniors by assuming responsibility for the drug therapy needs and pharmacotherapy outcomes of patients. Supported by the On-Call Pharmacy Technician to help customize and fill prescription orders, refills, and related requests in a timely manner during afterhours.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible to ensure creation, support, maintenance and updates to patient-specific medication profiles and comprehensive pharmacotherapy patient care plans. Uses Eirene software to document pharmacotherapy and any actions taken related to patient care. Uses this software for messaging and documentation of quality assurance measures.
- Establishes and reviews individualized patient therapeutic goals that are measurable, achievable, and time-specific. Monitors achievement of such goals.
- Reviews new medications requested for appropriateness based on patient-specific parameters and makes recommendations to enhance outcomes or safety as needed. Makes suggestions to Medication Appropriateness Support staff in relation to care plans, changes, issues and education.
- Reviews patients’ medications profile monthly with cycle fill process and makes recommendations to enhance patient outcomes or safety as needed.
- Reviews patients’ medications profile, including on-line review of electronic chart clinical data to make recommendations prior to the prescriber’s six-month medication review.
- Creates, reviews and approves baskets to ensure that each patient is being dispensed the correct medication.
- Uses professional judgment to provide timely, accurate and appropriate pharmaceutical care.
- Responsible for product selection, directions for use, quantity and appropriate packaging to accurately dispense prescription order.
- Responsible for accurate billing of the prescription order, including quantity, following CMS fraud, waste and abuse guidelines, and appropriately adjudicates in compliance with 3rd party prescription plans.
- Utilizes Guardian to look up all pertinent medication information and timelines on dispensing (adjudicating insurance claims—selected users).
- Is responsible for prospective drug utilization review as required by OBRA.
- For assigned clients, or as needed through call que, serves as a point of contact for the patient and their family, staff pharmacists and other care providers to answer questions regarding pharmacotherapy needs, issues and suggestions. Explains care plan options and the use, side effects, and contraindications of medications dispensed.
- Ensures compliance to state and federal laws and applicable rules and regulations required for pharmacy practice. Reports and works to rectify or prevent any incidents of QAs, HIPAA violations, Fraud, Waste and Abuse or other problems or violations.
- Monitors ATM dispensing.
- Facilitates Community Pharmacy Network transfers.
- Establishes relationships with clients and medical professionals to service their needs with professionalism, efficiency, and superior customer care in mind.
- Establishes and maintains patient profiles, including allergies, date of birth lists of medications taken by individual patients and other information required to maintain accurate patient information.
- Receives and processes prescription refill requests. Directs clients to use the proper systems for requests/documentation. Where new orders cannot be processed in writing, forwards verbal requests to pharmacist.
- Ensures that directions for patients are easy to understand and appropriate for the patient.
- Assures the delivery method selected with properly identified delivery location.
- Prepares and processes billing claims based on dispensing the correct days’ supply for the prescription, and that the number of refills authorized, and quantity dispensed does not exceed state or federal limits that apply to controlled substance prescriptions.
- Makes outgoing calls to gather/confirm information necessary to process customer requests or otherwise contribute to pharmacy operations.
- Retrieves emergency calls from on-call system as assigned.
- Coordinates and set’s up courier services when needed.
- Resolves adjudications failures so that local pharmacies can process claims
- Monitors ATM dispensing.
- Facilitates Community Pharmacy Network transfers. Completes internal documentation of work completed and keeps records of CPN transactions.
- Builds and maintains relationships with community pharmacists. Trains MRMC and clients on proper CPN procedures.
- Procures medications locally for same day requests.
- Provides prescription documentation needed by local pharmacies for safe and accurate dispensing.
- Offers appropriate billing information for local pharmacies.
- Remains continuously aware of CPN issues (technology, logistics, business, financial, etc.) and develops creative solutions to meet those needs.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, change in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
EDUCATION: PharmD or BS Pharm and PharmD level skills and experience in an area where there is significant demand. Experience or strong interest in clinical Pharmacogenomics. (Preferred)
EXPERIENCE: Must have experience with direct contact with prescribers and patients.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have an active pharmacist license in practicing state in good standing. Certification in Geriatric and/or Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy Specialty (Preferred)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent typing/data entry accuracy with good speed.
- Strong computer proficiency to navigate proprietary and other software Able to compile, code, categorize, calculate, and verify data.
- Strong listening/reading comprehension.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Understanding of clinical terms and impacts.
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities without sacrificing quality.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Independent, responsible, and self-directed
- Empathetic and patient focused
- Solutions and compliance oriented Possesses high level of integrity Quality oriented Innovative Steadfast
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA