Software Product Engineering - Sr. Software Engineer
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
Charleston, SC or remote
A Senior Software Engineer will:
- Develop applications and related services on our cloud-based pharmacy operations software, EireneRx Order Management.
- Perform challenging work in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging computer programs.
- Identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and infrastructure.
- Provide advice, training and technical support for various projects.
- Work closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved in integrating new technologies with our infrastructure.
- Update and modify systems to improve efficiency.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Complete miscellaneous projects as assigned or requested.
- Understand and adhere to The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
- Strong analytical abilities, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Highly skilled at establishing priorities and coordinating work activities. Consistency, accuracy, promptness, and adherence to productivity standards are of paramount importance.
- Skilled at performing multiple and complex tasks.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, end-users, and team members.
- Has exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Must be detail oriented, follow instructions and work independently with minimal supervision with highly confidential information per HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to design, architect, develop and implement solutions around a micro-service architecture.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and has the skills to help develop and advance the team through mentorship.
- Experience with performance optimization, especially the use of asset pipelines and CDNs, as well as tools used to analyze front end performance bottlenecks.
- Preferred experience with database re-factoring and decomposing existing systems from a monolith to a micro-services architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or related experience.
- M.S. in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
Experience & Training:
- Experience as a full stack engineer with familiarity of DevOps principles and AGILE development practices, tools and methodologies.
- Experience working in HealthCare technology.
- Working Knowledge of MVC frameworks such as Angular, React, Ember, Backbone.
- Knowledge of security and encryption.
- Knowledge of e-prescribing standards certifications a plus. (Meaningful Use, FHIR)
- Experience developing, testing and documenting RESTful APIs; with event-driven design patterns utilizing message queues; with SQL and/or NoSQL data stores; with designing, developing and deploying distributed systems.
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git), continuous integration (Jenkins) and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Familiarity or experience with load and performance testing.
- Comfortable in a growing environment with the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, in a team or independently.
- Acts as a teammate, a student, and a mentor with outstanding written and verbal communication. Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Solving problems quickly and completely.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts, event-based programming and design patterns and the principles of routing, client/server programming.
- Possess a positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Ability to write, edit, and debug computer programs and live software systems to achieve desired output and write program documentation.
- Good knowledge of networking technologies from the programmers prospective.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, GIT (github, gitlab or similar).
- Knowledge of secure coding standards.
- Technical domain expertise in API design and development.
- UI/UX experience is a plus.
- Experience using platform provided tools (Docker, Cloud Foundry, AWS, NewRelic, Sentry).
- Familiarity with Asynchronous messaging using RabbitMQ, Redis or alike.
- Experience with CI, zero downtime deploys, canary and feature flag releases.
- Pairing is encouraged within and across our development teams.
Life at TRHC Charleston:
- Option for remote work.
- Work hard play hard and change the world attitude.
- New (awesome) office located on Shem Creek.
- Regular office activities include: game nights, paddle boarding, yoga on the pier, team lunches and happy hours.
- Inter-company Halloween competition.
- Office health and wellness initiatives, for those interested. (on-site private shower)
- All about having fun and celebrating success!
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mt Pleasant, SC, USA