Maintain organization's production equipment. Perform electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures. Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as die cutters, web and sheet-fed presses, inserting machines, folders, conveyor systems, bindery equipment etc. using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments. May repair or reproduce parts using welders or machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders or other machine shop equipment.
- Good knowledge of installation and repair of more complex equipment and machinery (including their lubricating and control systems, and power drives).
- Ability to examine and troubleshoot to determine the extent of repairs required, materials or parts needed, and to estimate the time required to complete repairs.
- Ability to interpret and apply the requirements contained in technical manuals, shop directives, multiview blueprints, and other documents in determining critical dimensions and key reference points.
- Apply more senior level knowledge of machinery repair in the use and application of standard formulas, shop mathematics, trade theories, and industry practices in calculating needed materials and problem solving; and in the use of various test equipment and measuring devices such as alignment scopes, verniers, micrometers, precision levels, transits, strobe tachometers, bearing bridge gauges, flowmeters, hydrostatic testers, and vibration analyzers.
- General knowledge of setting up and operating machine tools such as small lathes, milling machines, drill presses, and precision grinders to manufacture component parts or re-machine existing parts.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Veteran/Active Duty Applicants: View Comparable MOC's
Start Rate: $23.00
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Mfg - Maintenance/Building
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, August 8, 2022
- Union, MO 63084, USA