Under general supervision, the duties may include: maintaining or posting records in hard copy or automated systems; screening, reviewing, verifying, and coding accounting transaction documents; verifying and examining accounting records; correcting errors in posting entries, computations, and balances; reconciling balances, records, and documents, preparing summaries, statements, and reports. Employees at this level perform duties that require independent judgment and initiative, an extensive knowledge of bookkeeping procedures, and a working knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Review invoices and statements, verifying information, ensuring funds are available, and, if questionable, resolve with submitting unit, determining accounts involved, coding transactions, and processing material for application in the accounting system.
- Perform difficult coding where judgment, based on advanced knowledge, must be applied and/or serves as a resource for other staff
- Posts financial information to journals, registers, ledgers, and other related records; makes adjustments, prepares trial balances, and reconciles accounts.
- Audit ledgers and accounts maintained by others
- May researches and prepares stop payments
- Prepare, or assists in preparing, financial statements or reports (such as cash flow, cash receipts and disbursement, sales, transfers, or accounts receivable)
- Reconciles reports from outside agencies and operating units by contacting units and researching causes of discrepancies and taking action to ensure that accounts agree.
- Compose correspondence requiring knowledge of departmental procedures, practices, and policies and the interpretation of such.
- May provide guidance and instruction to junior level Accounting Clerks.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 5-6 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience. May possess additional education certification in this level.
- Requires excellent knowledge of functional area(s) related to the job or good knowledge related to a professional field of work. Able to consistently apply applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and program objectives when carrying out the duties of the job. May provide oversight of work conducted by junior level staff and/or review/audit work for accuracy.
- Must have advanced knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete job duties successfully.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively across departments when completing assignments.
- Must have strong organizational skills with ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload and make adjustment to meet business needs.
- Able to apply a thorough knowledge of accounting techniques
- Compile complex financial records and prepare routine financial reports or statements
- Operate electronic and/or other standard office equipment
- Work independently and exercise judgment in completing assignments
- Job Family Finance & Accounting
- Job Function Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, July 25, 2022
- Union, MO 63084, USA