Director of Operations
The Operations Director is an experienced leader who oversees day-to-day operations to support the growth and add to the bottom line of a location. They focus on strategic planning and goal-setting, and direct the operations of the location in support of its goals. They’re responsible for addressing and preventing issues, meeting target goals and controlling operational costs.
- Oversees strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the location’s operations.
- Manages a location’s manufacturing and/or distribution operations. In addition, oversee and understand critical success factors and core competencies.
- Supports continuous improvement in production through operating procedures, implementation of best practices and related training through ongoing dialogue with operations personnel. Development and utilization of proper metrics for measuring performance in the areas of quality, safety, cost management, capacity management, and operational efficiency.
- Works with business leadership to incorporate new technology and processes into the facility, implement a cost effective methodology to ensure successful implementation. Develop innovative ideas to promote improvement.
- Maintains profit margins, according to established objectives, and develop or maintain internal control systems to ensure accountability.
- Develops manufacturing and/or distribution growth for the location.
- Ensures the location conducts itself with integrity and is compliant with all regulations, legal and otherwise, which concern the operation of the company.
- Interacts regularly with Senior Leadership and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures and present suggestions to the VP for consideration.
- This position manages direct reports and will be responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the location.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 10-15 years of Operations Management experience, preferably with manufacturing and/or distribution background
- Direct report management experience is required
- Demonstrated success of operations, project and people management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated and energetic, with strong interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with and influencing internal stakeholders, customers and senior leaders.
- Ambitious, driven, persistent and confident in own ability to achieve targets.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and adaptability to be successful in a fast-paced, results orientated, changing environment.
- Proven strategic thinker with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to lead, direct and motivate a team to achieve their potential.
- Ability to initiate as well as support change and implement initiatives that will contribute to continuous improvement activity within the department
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects/priorities and deliver tight deadlines.
- Job Family Management
- Job Function Manufacturing -- Other
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, August 1, 2022
- 1120 Heritage Dr, Osage, IA 50461, USA