Selling - Sales Associate
At Chefs Warehouse we are an industry leader in food distribution!
We have a distinct competitive advantage in serving our customers because of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products,
What’s on our menu?
A culture that is full of flavor and inviting! Creating an environment of belonging, where everyone is welcome!
Delivering our best in everything we do
We are committed to high quality food and dedicated to a positive team culture.
Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
5% above cost for our high-quality food products
Employee discounts for travel and events.
What’s for Dessert?
The icing on the cake….
The safety of our employees is our priority!
WE have created essential guidelines to assure we are following CDC regulations!
As a key member of our rapidly growing organization, Sales Associates ultimately act as the face of our company by delivering outstanding customer service and building strong relationships. Those in this position are responsible for selling products to restaurants and caterers, hotels and retail, establishments or individuals at place of business by performing the following duties:
- Sales Associates will adapt the process of cultivating and producing sales revenue through the development and growth of new sales and by increasing sales with existing accounts.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Mentors with Senior to obtain institutional knowledge concerning products, processes and systems.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
- Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services
Qualified applicants should possess:
- One to two years of related experience in restaurant, food sales, or professional catering
- High energy and enthusiastic
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and initiatives
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Self-starter. Must ask questions and learn new skills quickly on the job
- Driven, team player that is motivated to take responsibility and ensure successful outcomes across activates
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with short turnarounds in a fast-paced working environment
- College Degree desired but not required
- Past experience working as a Chef highly desired
- High Energy and enthusiastic
A minimum of 2 years of experience in food sales, including but not limited to FOH/BOH restaurant experience, or catering sales.Experience working in a fast-paced environment. Must be willing to drive within territory daily.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales data and trends.Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
Basic math skills with addition, subtraction and multiplication. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advance level of expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel.Knowledge of, JDE, & other sales programs.Must be able to operate common office equipment (i.e. laptop, smart phone).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Beaverton, OR, USA
- Portland, OR, USA
- Vancouver, WA, USA