Staff Accountant (Fells Point, Baltimore)
At Chefs Warehouse we are an industry leader in food distribution!
We have a distinct competitive advantage in serving our customers because of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products,
What’s on our menu?
A culture that is full of flavor and inviting! Creating an environment of belonging, where everyone is welcome!
Delivering our best in everything we do
We are committed to high quality food and dedicated to a positive team culture.
Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
5% above cost for our high-quality food products
Employee discounts for travel and events.
What’s for Dessert?
The icing on the cake….
The safety of our employees is our priority!
WE have created essential guidelines to assure we are following CDC regulations!
Summary/Objective The Staff Accountant performs a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with vendors and customers and observes confidentiality of company matters. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, verify, and reconcile general ledger entries including, but not limited to: expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Perform as backup to Accounts Payable clerk in voucher entry, cutting checks, etc. as necessary.
- Review and process credit card expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis.
- Review, process and analyze telephone expenses.
- Analyze manufacturing work order variance accounts and prepare reports
- Analyze changes in products, raw materials, and manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs and gross margin.
- Prepare reports detailing monthly expenses by cost center.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department
- Review bills of materials and routings for accuracy
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ad Hoc analyses as needed.
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Works with Quality Assurance Team to ensure specific Good Manufacturing Practices are being followed.
- Employee shall adhere to all company food safety policies, procedures, and trainings.
Required, Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
3 years of related experience accounting field.
Proficient skills in office software such as emails, telephone communications, MS Excel, MS Word.
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer Focus
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines Position Type and Expected Hours of Work The employee must work 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Travel Travel is not required for this position.
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Baltimore, MD, USA