Inside Customer Service Rep/Sales
At Chefs Warehouse we are an industry leader in food distribution!
We have a distinct competitive advantage in serving our customers because of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products,
What’s on our menu?
A culture that is full of flavor and inviting! Creating an environment of belonging, where everyone is welcome!
Delivering our best in everything we do
We are committed to high quality food and dedicated to a positive team culture.
Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
5% above cost for our high-quality food products
Employee discounts for travel and events.
What’s for Dessert?
The icing on the cake….
The safety of our employees is our priority!
WE have created essential guidelines to assure we are following CDC regulations!
- Report to work on time with a professional attitude.
- Receive incoming calls from customers, prepare orders and expedite.
- Suggest and sell additional items over the phone.
- Inform customer of items not ordered or out of stock per regular ordering process offering subs where available.
- Review accuracy of incoming orders, collect and input orders submitted via fax, email, voicemail.
- Ensure accuracy of outgoing, entered orders.
- Work with outside sales team reporting irregularities, problems and requests for outside sales assistance. Direct phone calls to the appropriate team members.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Deal professionally on the phone and in person with customers, vendors and fellow employees. Cooperate with other members of the sales team and departments to ensure the customer receives an excellent service level.
- Assist with processing special orders and customer price lists.
- Provide backup vacation coverage for Sales Representatives and assist with workload of fellow team members when absent.
- 85% of work day is spent on telephone.
- Attend inside/outside sales meetings and take part in sales activities, as needed.
- Other projects or tasks assigned by Manager as needed.
- Document and keep record of customer complaints on Footprint and create quarterly report of same
- Sale Recall coordinator. Ensuring all affected customers are notified via phone and letter within 24hrs of any recall.
- Minimum education: High School Diploma.
- Previous food service distribution Inside Sales/Customer Service experience.
- Strong knowledge of food service products, product categories and vendor community preferred.
- Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales data and trends. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
Basic math skills with addition, subtraction and multiplication. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advance level of expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of, JDE, & other sales programs. Must be able to operate common office machines.
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Boston, MA, USA