Business Development Manager
At The Chefs’ Warehouse we are an industry leader in food distribution!
We have a distinct competitive advantage in serving our customers because of our extensive selection of top quality and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products.
What’s on our menu?
A culture that is full of flavor and inviting! Creating an environment of belonging, where everyone is welcome!
Delivering our best in everything we do
We are committed to high quality food and dedicated to a positive team culture.
Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
5% above cost for our high-quality food products
Employee discounts for travel and events
What’s for Dessert?
The icing on the cake... We are proud to share that we are Great Place to Work®-Certified™ and live by our values of always being curious and creative, hungry for food and for results, entrepreneurial, flexible and supportive of our peers and our clients.
The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. ( WWW.CHEFSWAREHOUSE.COM ) is North America’s leading distributor of specialty, protein and broadline offerings, providing the world’s greatest ingredients to North America’s best chefs for over three decades. From the most dish-dazzling center of the plate proteins to the highly sophisticated and luxurious ingredients to integrate across any menu, The Chefs’ Warehouse provides their large base of more than 35,000 customers a world-class variety of products that are 2nd to none: supporting chefs in their pursuit of culinary excellence and making their wildest culinary visions a reality.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for increasing sales by developing new business opportunities, as well as leveraging existing sales within the foodservice sector. Focus will be on multi-unit group business, platinum level account retention/growth, and recovery of accounts lost with in those parameters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage and develop sales in both current and yet to be discovered foodservice channels through a multi-faceted research approach. Collaborate with the sales staff to identify potential opportunities to be targeted to meet budgeted sales goals.
- Create and work through a methodical goal oriented system for each identified sales opportunity. Must have the ability to think outside the box to develop custom tailored ideas based off of each customer’s needs.
- Needs to possess a demonstrated high level closing ability and skill set.
- Able to create relationships with key decision makers, then maintain them as needed after the account is on boarded and turned over to sales
- Maintain regular oversight of accounts after they are handed over to sales, to ensure maximum leveraging of sales potential.
- Ability to analyze trends, menus and order guides against customer purchases, creating valued customer suggestions in order to maximize sales
- Clean unfiltered data to create cost comparisons, then restate it into customer friendly understandability
- Gain valuable street level business intelligence, and translate that into actionable follow-up, setting up appointments with decision makers
- Work with Transportation to help ensure areas that have routes that are in need additional tonnage are being developed accordingly to maximize routes
- Travel to account HQ meetings in a support role
- Regularly review sales reports to identify and target sleeper accounts where sales are not fully leveraged
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Works with Quality Assurance Team to ensure specific Good Manufacturing Practices are being followed.
- Employee shall adhere to all company food safety policies, procedures, and trainings.
Required, Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree in Business or related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressive growth food service sales, preferably in the Northeast
- Five plus years of sales experience with the food service or culinary business.
- Advanced training in recent sales techniques preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Office)
- Proven leadership and motivation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced selling environment
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Presentation, Negotiation, and Influencing Skills
- Well Versed in multiple forms of Social Media
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Sales Motivated
- Detail Oriented
- Self Sufficient
- Leadership Skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
The employee must work 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Frequent travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Baltimore, MD, USA