Production - Butcher
At The Chefs’ Warehouse we are an industry leader in food distribution!
We have a distinct competitive advantage in serving our customers because of our extensive selection of top quality and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products.
What’s on our menu?
A culture that is full of flavor and inviting! Creating an environment of belonging, where everyone is welcome!
Delivering our best in everything we do
We are committed to high quality food and dedicated to a positive team culture.
Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
5% above cost for our high-quality food products
Employee discounts for travel and events
What’s for Dessert?
The icing on the cake... We are proud to share that we are Great Place to Work®-Certified™ and live by our values of always being curious and creative, hungry for food and for results, entrepreneurial, flexible and supportive of our peers and our clients.
The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. ( WWW.CHEFSWAREHOUSE.COM ) is North America’s leading distributor of specialty, protein and broadline offerings, providing the world’s greatest ingredients to North America’s best chefs for over three decades. From the most dish-dazzling center of the plate proteins to the highly sophisticated and luxurious ingredients to integrate across any menu, The Chefs’ Warehouse provides their large base of more than 35,000 customers a world-class variety of products that are 2nd to none: supporting chefs in their pursuit of culinary excellence and making their wildest culinary visions a reality.
As a key member of our rapidly growing organization, the Butcher contributes to our success by preparing specialty cuts of meat in a timely and efficient manner to meet our customer’s expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select products from pick tickets and stage for production
- Cut product to meet customer specifications
- Transport finished product to appropriate packaging line utilizing carts
- Weigh product to ensure compliance with customer/company specifications
- Replenish stock as needed
- Maintain work area clean and orderly
- Must maintain product integrity with proper handling & report damage to management immediately
- Must follow all company policies and procedures
- Follow all federal, state and local HACCP, OSHA & GMP guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales data and trends. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to lift to 60 lbs
- Ability to manage time in a fast-paced industry
- Ability to safely use necessary tools and equipment
- Ability to work in a temperature-controlled environment
- Candidates must be reliable, responsible, and punctual, with a positive attitude and work well independently and with a team
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Job Family Union 1546 Butchers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Las Vegas, NV, USA