Warehouse-Night Forklift Operator\
At The Chefs’ Warehouse we are an industry leader in food distribution!
We have a distinct competitive advantage in serving our customers because of our extensive selection of top quality and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products.
What’s on our menu?
A culture that is full of flavor and inviting! Creating an environment of belonging, where everyone is welcome!
Delivering our best in everything we do
We are committed to high quality food and dedicated to a positive team culture.
Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
5% above cost for our high-quality food products
Employee discounts for travel and events
What’s for Dessert?
The icing on the cake... We are proud to share that we are Great Place to Work®-Certified™ and live by our values of always being curious and creative, hungry for food and for results, entrepreneurial, flexible and supportive of our peers and our clients.
The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. ( WWW.CHEFSWAREHOUSE.COM ) is North America’s leading distributor of specialty, protein and broadline offerings, providing the world’s greatest ingredients to North America’s best chefs for over three decades. From the most dish-dazzling center of the plate proteins to the highly sophisticated and luxurious ingredients to integrate across any menu, The Chefs’ Warehouse provides their large base of more than 35,000 customers a world-class variety of products that are 2nd to none: supporting chefs in their pursuit of culinary excellence and making their wildest culinary visions a reality.
As a Warehouse Worker, you will be responsible for providing warehouse support including picking, packing, assembly, sorting, shipping, and receiving of orders to meet the facility’s productivity and quality goals within the establishment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
2. Moves materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
3. Sorts and breaks down product by SKU, quantity and product type.
4. Ability to use electric pallet jack as well as stand-up forklift is a must.
5. Effectively communicate with Receivers, Drivers, Driver Check-in, & Forklift Operators
6. Adhering to proper safety practices for truck and trailer pull process on a daily basis.
7. Sorts and stores goods in designated areas of the warehouse.
8. Responsible for the proper handling of all company issued equipment, including PPE, voice equipment etc.
9. Responsible for reporting all safety concerns in the work environment on timely basis.
10. Must wear company issued uniform.
11. Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or moves orders to loading dock to prepare for shipping.
12. Label pallets with identifying information when instructed.
13. Opens bales, crates, and other containers when necessary.
14. Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
15. Accurately weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards. (Assists in billing process.)
16. Maintain a 99% accuracy rating of inventory records on a daily and weekly basis.
17. Responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment daily.
18. Responsible for completing daily equipment inspection logs and working safe at all times.
19. Must maintain audit-ready sanitation standards in the work environment at all times in all areas of the warehouse.
20. Must securely palletize and wrap product to prevent damage during transport.
21. Must maintain product integrity with proper handling & report damage to management immediately.
22. Must follow all company policies and procedures.
23. Follow all federal, state and local HACCP, OSHA & GMP guidelines.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advance level of expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to operate common office machines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Ability to lift to 60 lbs
· Ability to manage time in a fast-paced industry
· Ability to safely use necessary tools and equipment
· Ability to work in a temperature-controlled environment
· Candidates must be reliable, responsible, and punctual, with a positive attitude and work well independently and with a team
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Union City, CA, USA