Cook II-Brew Pub
Much has changed since that time. Today the Sycuan Tribe governs its Reservation, owns and operates a Casino and a Golf Resort, and owns a number of other business ventures in the San Diego Region.
One attribute that remains unchanged, however, is Sycuan's sense of community. Sycuan is more than just a business. Sycuan is a community of people working together toward a common goal. Whether you work in our state-of-the-art Casino, our beautiful Resort, or become a staff member in our Tribal Government division, you will be part of the Sycuan family.
Under the direction of the designated venue Sous Chef, the Cook II prepares specialty cuisine items as well as standard menu items for guest consumption utilizing only approved recipes, cooking methods and ingredients as set by Food & Beverage/Culinary Management; maintains all food, equipment and kitchens to set health codes and casino standards; maintains positive, team oriented and accommodating attitude toward guests (internal as well as external), fellow team members and management, at all times.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
(Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at the sole discretion of Sycuan Management at any time)
- Maintains designated workstation.
- Ensures recipes are consistent in flavor profiles, quality, and appearance.
- Knowledge of basic food products.
- Knowledge of standard and specialty food production equipment.
- Ability to sufficiently perform basic cooking methods
- Possesses proficient knife skills.
- Understands the food rotation method “FIFO”.
- Ability to read food order tickets.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Education and Experience:
- County of San Diego ServSafe Food Handler Card
- 2 years casual and/or fine dining cooking experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Culinary degree
- California Driver's License in good standing
- Casino experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of safe food handling practices
- Ability to work effectively with team members and guests
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
- Ability to follow recipes and read production sheets
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Ability to understand verbal directives and written instructions
- Ability to routinely lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to stand and walk for up to eight hours at a time
- Ability to bend, stoop, push and pull
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a smoking environment
- Ability to appear for work on time
- Multi Lingual
- Pay Type Hourly
- Casino, 5485 Casino Way, El Cajon, California, United States of America