Much has changed since that time. Today the Sycuan Tribe governs its Reservation, owns and operates a Casino and a Golf Resort, and owns a number of other business ventures in the San Diego Region.
One attribute that remains unchanged, however, is Sycuan's sense of community. Sycuan is more than just a business. Sycuan is a community of people working together toward a common goal. Whether you work in our state-of-the-art Casino, our beautiful Resort, or become a staff member in our Tribal Government division, you will be part of the Sycuan family.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the implementation of the comprehensive strategic planning process for Sycuan Tribal Development Corporation. This includes assisting stakeholders in achieving objectives by tracking financial and productivity performance, forecasting & budgeting, developing capital plans & performing ad hoc analysis. This position also supports the financial accounting team in the process of the monthly financial close. Assists with Sycuan Tribal Development Corporation’s financial planning and analysis function, and be involved in all planning processes, including the annual budget, capital and operating budgets, monthly forecast, and long-term plans. This position will work closely with the CEO and will be asked to drive strategic analysis across each of the Tribal Development Corporation’s entities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
(Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at the sole discretion of Sycuan Management at any time).
- Works with internal stakeholders across the organization to gather and articulate data through reporting.
- Works closely with Sycuan Tribal Development Corporation’s business Managers to execute ownership duties and provide data analytics to make strategic marketing and pricing decisions to maximize profitability
- Represents Sycuan’s Tribal Development Corporation’s interests, in the absence of the Chief Operating Officer, by attending meetings, communicating directly with Board members, Local, State, Federal and Tribal government officials and offices, (and others) concerning matters related to the Chief Operating Officer and Sycuan Tribal Development Corporation’s programs.
- Assists in preparing margin analysis for all Sycuan Tribal Development Corporation businesses.
- Assists CEO with evaluating profitability of businesses including the review of profit margins, return on investment, and current value.
- Assures optimal use of relevant planning systems, processes, and techniques to support annual planning and interim forecasting.
- Coordinates and ensures ongoing projections and monitoring of key metrics.
- Provides accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to respective groups.
- Designs, develops and monitors KPI on regular cadence.
- Maintains Sycuan Tribal Development Corporation’s commitment to compliance with all external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and guidelines Performance Measurements.
- Collaborates with other departments across Sycuan divisions, as needed to plan/and or execute initiatives and projects.
- Prepares annual budget for Sycuan Tribal Development Corporation and related entities, cash flow, budget and actual, and analysis as needed.
- Prepares monthly Sycuan Tribal Development Corporation board packets, including maintaining meeting minutes and financial presentations.
- Manages the functions of operating expense analysis and partners with department heads to analyze and plan expenses.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Economics, or Equivalent Experience.
- 6+ years of experience in financial modeling and planning
- 3+ years supervisory or project/program management experience.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Economics or related field
- Tribal Administration- experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Analytical, Project Management, Presentation, and Interpersonal skills.
- Financial modeling, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex system and business integrated environment.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to provide support for acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to current general ledger system, and obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Aptitude for delivering professional reporting while managing time effective to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop financial business cases (ROI, breakeven, payback modeling, etc.) for proposed programs, projects, and initiatives to help organization leaders make timely and appropriate business decisions.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with clients, vendors and Team Member
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Organizational skills
- Ability to perform detail-orientated, analytical tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of STDC’s corporate tier structure and the organic components of the individual entities formed under STDC
- Ability to maintain filing systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to research and analyze data
- Ability to appear for work on time
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and exhibit sound and accurate judgement
- Ability to maintain professionalism and business acumen
- Ability to problem solve and create solutions
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities
- Ability to demonstrate efficient and effective work ethic
- Ability to set and achieve challenging goals
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Pay Type Salary
- Tribal, 2 Kwaaypaay Court, El Cajon, California, United States of America