Much has changed since that time. Today the Sycuan Tribe governs its Reservation, owns and operates a Casino and a Golf Resort, and owns a number of other business ventures in the San Diego Region.
One attribute that remains unchanged, however, is Sycuan's sense of community. Sycuan is more than just a business. Sycuan is a community of people working together toward a common goal. Whether you work in our state-of-the-art Casino, our beautiful Resort, or become a staff member in our Tribal Government division, you will be part of the Sycuan family.
Provides care to Tribal Members with chronic disease or serious illness Works under the direction and supervision of Clinic Manager and/or Executive Director assigned by Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation.
Policy: Caregiver must perform duties in line with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). It is the responsibility of the Caregiver to know his/her limitations and abide by the regulatory standards.
Summary: Works under the supervision of the Clinic Manager and/or Executive Director. Provides excellent patient care to the Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation Tribal Member. The caregiver will plan and follow a daily care schedule with the assigned Tribal Member, modify care plans as prescribed by medical professionals, and report any new conditions or needs that may arise. The caregiver will be patient, empathetic, observant, and committed to making Tribal Member feel safe and comfortable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
(Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at the sole discretion of Sycuan Management at any time)
- Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing dressing and bed and/or vehicle transfers
- Provides daily meals, according to nutritional needs and diagnosis requirements
- Prepares medications as ordered by Primary Physician for patient consumption
- Reports any significant changes in patient’s condition
- Transports patient as necessary
- Adheres to standards for infection control in accordance with local, state, and federal OSHA regulations
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Current CPR certification
- CA driver’s license in good standing
- Tribal clinic experience preferred
- CNA certification preferred
- Multi-lingual preferred
- Available for all shifts/assignments and, when required, able to work evenings and weekends
- Previous medical field experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of medical clinic protocols
- Ability to complete forms and documents
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to appear for work at scheduled time
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Able to lift/move up to 40 pounds, move from place to place, and stand for long period of time
- Ability to do math, organize and prioritize workload, work effectively and efficiently under stress
- Ability to supervise, multitask, understand and follow instructions
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak and understand English
- Immediately reports unsafe working conditions
- Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocol
- Maintains privacy and security of all patient information and access to such information. Such information is accessed on a need-to-know basis for business purposes only.
- Reports unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
- Upholds strict ethical standards.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tribal, 2 Kwaaypaay Court, El Cajon, California, United States of America