Much has changed since that time. Today the Sycuan Tribe governs its Reservation, owns and operates a Casino and a Golf Resort, and owns a number of other business ventures in the San Diego Region.
One attribute that remains unchanged, however, is Sycuan's sense of community. Sycuan is more than just a business. Sycuan is a community of people working together toward a common goal. Whether you work in our state-of-the-art Casino, our beautiful Resort, or become a staff member in our Tribal Government division, you will be part of the Sycuan family.
Provides administrative support to Gaming Commission Directors and managerial support to administrative staff. Provides a positive and engaging work environment for team members. Completes all duties in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations policies and procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
(Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at the sole discretion of Gaming Commission Management at any time.)
- Provides administrative and clerical support for Gaming Commission hearings by receiving and responding to requests for hearings from barred patrons, ensuring patron’s eligibility for a hearing, compiling summary of patron’s information and gaming activity, coordinating departmental witness information pertaining to the hearing, informing patrons of the hearing process.
- Provides administrative and clerical support for Gaming Commission hearings for denied and revoked licenses by compiling information provided by the Director of Background Investigations.
- Provides administrative and clerical support for Gaming Commission hearings for issued Notices of Violation (NOV) by using information from the NOV received from Gaming Commission Directors following established procedures.
- Provides back-up support for Gaming Commission Administration by acting as Recording Secretary for various Gaming Commission meetings, typing and distributing minutes as needed.
- Provides an accurate accounting of time and attendance for subordinates by processing paid time off, leave adjustments, absences and punctuality, and approving payroll following established procedures.
- Develops team members by hiring and onboarding new administrative team members, monitoring team member performance, training team members, identifying training needs, conducting performance appraisals, and providing counseling, guidance, and corrective action as needed up to and including termination.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant
- Administrative experience in a gaming environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a related field
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with customers, vendors, and employees
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to compose, read, and edit written documents in the English language
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Organizational skills
- Ability to maintain filing systems
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
- Ability to complete forms, documents, and written reports
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to provide guidance to staff
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
- Ability to appear for work on time
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
Direct: Gaming Commission Administrator; Gaming Commission Office Assistant
Executive Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant
- Pay Type Salary
- Tribal, 2 Kwaaypaay Court, El Cajon, California, United States of America