X-Ray Radiology Technician - Part Time
Much has changed since that time. Today the Sycuan Tribe governs its Reservation, owns and operates a Casino and a Golf Resort, and owns a number of other business ventures in the San Diego Region.
One attribute that remains unchanged, however, is Sycuan's sense of community. Sycuan is more than just a business. Sycuan is a community of people working together toward a common goal. Whether you work in our state-of-the-art Casino, our beautiful Resort, or become a staff member in our Tribal Government division, you will be part of the Sycuan family.
Works under the direction and supervision of Clinic Manager, Physician, Mid-Level Provider, Registered Nurse, and/or Licensed Vocational Nurse on clinic site. The X-ray Technician performs all diagnostic exams within scope of service of the clinic. Verifies patient identification, confirms written order prior to exam and explains procedure to patient. Operates diagnostic equipment and inputs patient demographics appropriately. Performs visual inspection of image for exposure factors including contrast, density, positioning, etc. Responsible for equipment calibration, monitoring radiographic equipment functioning and cleanliness, and maintaining clean/safe environments for patients. Interprets, supports, and acknowledges SMDC Mission and Vision.
Policy: X-ray technician must perform only duties that are within limitations of the scope of practice and in accordance with the guidelines stipulated by the California Department of Public health. It is the responsibility of the x-ray technician to know his/her limitations and abide by the regulatory standards.
Scope of Practice: In California, X-ray Technicians are to uphold to their current and valid certificates scope of practice per the California Department of Public Health Radiologic Branch and concurrent with the scope of practice stated by Barclays Official California Code of Regulations, known as Title 17 CCR 30441.
Please see Essential Duties/Responsibilities below for specific procedures X-ray Technician are able and unable to perform.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Limitations:
Source: California Department of Public Health (CDPH) & Barclays Official California Code of Regulations (2020)
- Receives, relays, and documents written and electronic orders in patient medical record.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic radiologic procedures as prescribed by licentiate of health arts provided the individual holds a current and valid certificate or permit issued.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of radiographic examination, positioning, and technique procedures.
- Obtains consent as needed.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of radiographic equipment operation and radiation safety.
- Provides education and explains procedures to patients adequately.
- Applies the principles of patient safety during all aspects of radiologic procedures.
- Evaluates images for technical quality and ensures proper identification is recorded.
- Performs ongoing quality assurance activities, as applicable, such as quality control testing of equipment, monitoring image production, and evaluation quality assurance results.
- Prepares and replenishes supplies in the radiology room in orderly and constant state of readiness for incoming patients.
- Identify each patient and review patients requisition with either hard copy or written order in EHR system for consistency of examination ordered with clinical diagnosis and all demographic information.
- Records pertinent data on radiologic requisition and complete documentation within EHR.
- Assesses patient condition and ensure patient safety of procedures.
- . Identifies anatomical orientation on all images ensuring proper identification on all images.
- Applies principles of ALARA to minimize radiation exposure to patient, self, and others.
- Actively willing to helps coworkers and maintains professional relationships with coworkers.
- Performs other duties as needed within scope of practice.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Observes and acknowledges all SMDC policies and procedures.
- Always greets patients, visitors and providers in a courteous and respectful manner; responds to patients with empathy and positive interpersonal skills; consistently handles all requests in a positive manner
Limitations: X-RAY TECHNICIAN SHALL NOT PERFORM ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- Limited to scope of practice within imaging certificate/permit.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Radiology Technician Certificate issued by CDPH
- Current CPR certification
- Available for all shifts/assignments and, when required, able to work evenings and weekends
- Graduate of recognized and approved American Medical Association of Education program in radiologic technology, Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Medical Assistant experience
- Tribal Clinic experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of patient transfer and positioning techniques.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of medical clinic protocols
- Ability to complete forms and documents
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to appear for work at scheduled time
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Excellent knowledge of laws and regulations governing medical records and medical office management
- Ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Able to lift/move up to 40 pounds, move from place to place, and stand for long period of time
- Ability to do math, organize and prioritize workload, work effectively and efficiently under stress
- Ability to supervise, multitask, understand and follow instructions
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak and understand English
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to safe work practices
- Uses all appropriate equipment and/or tools to ensure workplace safety
- Immediately reports unsafe working conditions
- Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocol
- Be familiar with and know locations of Safety Data Sheet Binder
- Maintains privacy and security of all patient, employee, and volunteer information and access to such information. Such information is accessed on a need to know basis for business purposes only.
- Complies with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Reports unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
- Upholds strict ethical standards.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tribal, 2 Kwaaypaay Court, El Cajon, California, United States of America