Assistant General Manager/Sales Coordinator
The person in this position is responsible for assisting in the overall management and operation of the hotel as well as the support of the direct pro-active sales and marketing activity to meet and exceed the revenue goals for the property. The qualified candidate will use their leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. The Assistant General Manager/Sales Coordinator should effectively manage assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive employee relations as well as managing sales inquiries and sales platforms that contribute leads to the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
1. Personally, Delivers Exceptional Guest Service. Assists and responds to guests in a friendly and positive way, while providing the highest level of service to guests. Addresses guest needs and concerns in a proactive and effective manner. Sets a strong example for other associates through exemplary guest service. Works with hotel team to maintain guest satisfaction scores that meet brand standards. Receives and resolves or assists in resolving guest complaints and employee issues.
2. Works with sales team to ensure that the needs of negotiated accounts and groups are met. Communicates the needs of clients to appropriate hotel staff. Performs sales calls and property tours when necessary. Encourages Guest Service Associates to pass on leads and referrals to the Sales Team.
3. Manages expenses according to budgeted/forecasted guidelines to maximize hotel profitability. Responsible for effective labor management of assigned departments through appropriate scheduling and monitoring of payroll. Adjusts expenditures according to fluctuating business needs in a timely manner.
4. Responsible for effectively interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing hotel associates in conjunction with the General Manager. Prepares and conducts annual employee reviews in a timely manner. Addresses performance issues accordingly and takes appropriate corrective action to hold employees accountable. Motivates hotel staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback and rewarding/recognizing employees.
5. Utilizes HR software system to review and approve timesheets, enter new hires, employee changes and terminations timely.
6. Performs functions of the General Manager in their absence.
7. Various other duties as assigned.
8. May accompany Corporate Director of Sales on sales calls during consults.
•Hotel leadership experience required.
•Hotel brand experience preferred.
*Comparable record of sales leadership experience required
*Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and insured vehicle
*Ability to travel locally to existing and potential clients
•Strong communication skills.
•Computer skills required.
•Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest and employee confidential information.
All employees are expected to embody the values listed below with co-workers,
guests and any visitors or other employees come in contact with.
Service – passionately service our owners, employees and guests
Team Oriented – working together to achieve results
Responsive – timely responding to our customers
Accountable – taking ownership of results
Noble Spirit – high moral character, integrity, courage, generosity and honor
Dynamic – initiate positive change
•Frequent sitting, standing and walking
•Frequent trunk rotation while sitting and standing
•Vision – close, peripheral, depth, distance, ability to adjust focus required frequently
•Hands/Fingers – frequent typing and use of fine motor skills
•Occasional bending, stair climbing, reaching, pushing and pulling
•Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 15 lbs.
Strand Hospitality Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Hampton Inn Atlanta-Fairburn, 7790 Ella Lane, Fairburn, Georgia, United States of America