Health Center - Evening Nurse
Job Title: RN, Evening
Department: Health Center
Reports to: Dean of Students
Job Status: Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 2:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m., Wednesday 1:00 p.m. –10:00 p.m., Friday 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. The evening nurse will go on rounds each evening, Monday-Thursday in the dorms to assess and treat students. The position includes on-call duties every other week. Special meetings will be required outside designated hours.
Stevenson School Upper Division seeks a full time evening nurse. Stevenson is a coeducational, college-preparatory, boarding and day school of 500 students located in Pebble Beach, California. For more information please visit the Stevenson School website.
The qualified candidate must be an RN with a current license to practice in California. He/she preferably has at least three to five years of full time experience with a preference for those who have worked in a school based or adolescent practice. New Graduate RN applications will be considered. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively as part of a team and make decisions independently. Working well with adolescents and strong assessment skills are required. Benefits are included.
The school nurse is charged to intervene with actual and potential student health problems; provide case management support; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self-advocacy, and learning. In the present context of the COVID-19 pandemic, the school nurse works closely with the day nurse and dean of students to develop policy and procedures to protect the community from COVID-19 and other potential illnesses.
- Medication management, administration, and documentation in EHR
- Maintain student health records including immunizations, vital health information, and allergies
- Approving and reviewing of all health forms during the summer in preparation for student arrival
- Coordinate care between student, MD, parents, counselors, and administration
- Arrange and sometimes accompany student to office or ER visits
- Triage, respond to and treat acute illnesses and injuries
- Initiate and provide emergency care
- Observe and communicate potential problems
- Maintain a safe campus environment by monitoring supplies and equipment
- Manage health insurance enrollment for the international student body.
- Collaborate with insurance brokers regarding medical billing and health insurance issues.
- Establish and coordinate care plans for students needing higher levels of care.
- Manage TB records for all Stevenson employees.
- Perform routine and random drug testing on students as assigned by the Dean’s office.
- Promote student health and wellness by participating in educational programs
- Work as a team with counselors, athletics, faculty and staff
- Performs responsibilities to support the life of the school community and the academic program as required by the position or requested by your manager/supervisor or designee.
- Ability to analyze emergency situations accurately and take prompt action.
- Provide care for crisis intervention, acute illness, injury, and emotional concerns.
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to registered nursing.
- Proven ability to communicate well with others.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to apply good clinical judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- The candidate must be able to work collaboratively as part of a team and make decisions independently. Working well with adolescents and strong assessment skills are required. Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment. Highest standard of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Physical Demands Select from list below for each
For physical demand, select one of the following descriptors.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
- Interested candidates should provide a cover letter stating interest in the position, a resume, and three supervisory references from recent employment. Please upload materials to the school's hiring portal.
- The essential functions and skills have been included but should not be considered as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, duties, etc. Additional responsibilities and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
- The ideal candidate would possess as many of the attributes and have as much of the desired experience as listed.
- The School is a tobacco free environment and an equal opportunity employer.
- Stevenson is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Monday, June 27, 2022
- 3152 Forest Lake Rd, Pebble Beach, CA 93953, USA