Part Time Campus Security Officer
Job Summary: The Campus Security Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety, security, and welfare of all students, faculty, staff, and visitors. This position assists with enforcing policies and procedures for the campus and provides escort services and other basic public assistance services as need. Also provides routine security and public safety patrol duties and remains alert to emergency situations and provides first-line response, emergency management, and/or referral if necessary.
Pay Range: $18.50/hour-$20.00/hour
Available Shifts: Swing Shift or Midnight Shift
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Patrols and monitors all campus areas on foot or in specialized vehicle to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
· Examines doors and windows to ensure security; uses School keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
· Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
· Provides escort services for visitors, students, staff, and faculty, as necessary; provides other public assistance, such as lockout services and routine information.
· Watches for and reports irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
· Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security risks; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and/or detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
· Performs periodic checks of facility mechanical systems, alarm systems and/or campus lighting to ensure proper functioning; reports malfunctions as required.
· Prepares routine, standardized reports.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Ability to successfully conduct patrols without direct supervision.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to complete routine paperwork.
· Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
· Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
· Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Skill in performing building security and lock procedures.
· Knowledge of Stevenson School, policies, and regulations.
· Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
· Skill in providing protection services to individuals on campus.
· Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Physical Demands Select from list below for each
For physical demand, select one of the following descriptors.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
· The essential functions and skills have been included but should not be considered as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, duties, etc. Additional responsibilities and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
· The ideal candidate would possess as many of the attributes and have as much of the desired experience as listed.
· The School is a tobacco free environment and an equal opportunity employer.
· Stevenson is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The final candidate will be subject to a background check
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- 3152 Forest Lake Rd, Pebble Beach, CA 93953, USA