Facilities Maintenance Worker I
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Worker I
Reports to: Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Job Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Repair and maintenance of campus buildings, equipment and facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects, troubleshoots and repairs electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems.
- Perform repairs such as carpentry, painting, drain clearing, wall patching, door/window repairs and maintenance of locks and security hardware.
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance such as filter replacement, light bulb changing, vent cleaning, and similar tasks.
- Ensures overall proper working condition and appearance of all facilities, operating systems, utilities, appliances, sidewalks, parking lots, etc.
- Performs minor remodeling tasks such as but not limited to cabinet & countertop replacement, painting, toilet & sink replacement.
- Transports equipment, furniture and supplies manually and/or using aides such as dollies and carts. Operates a motor vehicle to pick up and move goods and supplies. Arranges furniture for special events.
- Assist in all work areas when and where needed. May assist grounds or building services during camps, sports activities, weather events, etc. Assists security with fire drills and event parking.
- Attends regular safety meetings and ensure safety practices are followed.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school/workplace matters.
- May be required to work during Graduation, Open House, Parents’ Weekend and other special school events.
- Ability to respond quickly in the event of an emergency or urgent repairs, notifies appropriate personnel, contractor, utility and/or emergency responders and follows safety protocol.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned by Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and general familiarity with construction trades.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary for the safe use of equipment, such as drills, table saws, and other power tools.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to follow written instructions.
- Must successfully pass a background check and possess a valid driver’s license.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years’ experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, landscaping and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
- Experience in performing maintenance, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and similar maintenance tasks.
Other Physical Requirements: Ability to perform physical labor such as moving equipment, lifting, climbing ladders and stairs. Ability to do sustained, strenuous work. May work outdoors during inclement weather and some evening and/or weekend work required and special events such as Graduation, Open House, Parents’ Weekend and other special school related events.
Benefits: Stevenson provides a comprehensive benefit package, including retirement benefits, a variety of health insurance offerings, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability offerings, and HSA/FSA options. Stevenson also provides meals when school is in session.
- The essential functions and skills have been included but should not be considered as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, duties, etc. Additional responsibilities and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
- The ideal candidate would possess as many of the knowledge, skills and abilities and experience as listed.
- The School is a tobacco free environment and an equal opportunity employer.
- Stevenson is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Employees of K-12 schools are required to be vaccinated against COVID or submit to weekly testing.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Wednesday, March 2, 2022
- 3152 Forest Lake Rd, Pebble Beach, CA 93953, USA