Rail Crew Lead
Savage is Growing! Join our team today for an exciting new adventure at our Exxon Plant in Beaumont, TX!
Click here or visit our website at www.savageservices.com to learn how current Team Members like working with Savage.
These are some of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Opportunities for Growth
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, and profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- $150 annual Steel-toe boot allowance
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- Rotating shift: 12 hour rotating shifts (days / nights / weekends / holidays)
The successful Crew Lead candidate can be either a current rail facility operator or someone with a willingness to learn new skills and abide by the extensive training and direction Savage will provide. They will be responsible to overseeing the rail cars safely and timely within the new Savage facility in Beaumont, TX while delivering “worry-free consistency” to our Customer by safely and efficiently operating in a large-scale yard supporting our Exxon Plant.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Lead a crew of switchman to safely perform one of several railcar movements in our operation: classifying inbound trains, pulling cars from storage, spotting railcars at requested locations and building outbound trains for required pick up
- Operate a locomotive – Savage will provide training and certification
- Switch teams will need to respond to requests for movement on short notice but will primarily operate off of detailed switch lists provided by the facility terminal masters
Requirements of a successful Rail Switch Crew Lead:
- Two years of experience in the rail industry
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Must pass a written and skills test on the type of work that he or she will be performing
- Understand and willingness to act on communication and direction – the time windows that switch lists will need to be executed in to meet the needs of the facility will require close teamwork with the terminal master
- Willing to, on occasion, travel to other sites to assist them in switching their facilities and training requirements
- Ability to work alternating shifts that will include holidays and weekends-Has schedule been determined?
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Crew lead and crews will work outdoors every day and as a result will be exposed to the elements
- Physically able to do the following:
- Climb on and off railcars and locomotives safely
- Operate railcar hand brakes
- Operate rail switches
- Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Should also have the ability to use basic hand tools
- Able to work rotating shift schedule and overtime when needed
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Hourly
- Beaumont, TX, USA
- Texas, USA