These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Opportunities for Growth
- Annual bonus
- Working in the field/leadership role
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
Provide managerial oversight to our North Salt Lake Crude Trucking Operation, near Salt Lake City, UT. Responsible for the training, tools, and accountability needed to safely and effectively perform critical service requirements. Balance the needs of team members, customers, and the company. Responsible for safely meeting the needs of suppliers and customers while working to identify new business opportunities.
- Develop a business plan and execution of the plan including budgeting, projecting and cost management.
- Effectively executing the safety, health and environmental efforts of the operation.
- Coordinate the activities of the business, prepare staff work schedules, assign duties, and direct administrative activities in an effort to provide services that meet the needs of the customer and maximize company profitability.
- Work alongside team members in the day-to-day operational activities to understand the business needs and concerns of the frontline.
- Oversee effective training and institute coaching activities to ensure constant improvement.
- Resolve people problems and coordinate other people related activities, such as recommending individuals for hire, promotion, interviewing, etc.
- Responsible for tracking and documenting operational data that supports the operation and the customer through integrated computer systems.
- Analyze and review financial statements, activity reports, and other performance data to track the overall status of the department
- Use analytical tools to assess productivity and create plans for improvement such as cost reduction or employee training.
- Responsibilities are not all inclusive and may change based on the need of the company.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management.
- Computer Skills: The basic ability to use Microsoft Office and other relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Negotiation: The ability to bring others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Multitasking: The ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information.
- Innovation: The ability to come up with unusual or creative ideas about a given topic or situation.
- Leadership: Able to motivate, inspire, and coach others.
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to communicate clearly and positively with team members and customers.
- Planning and Organizational Skills: the ability to prioritize, plan, and carry critical projects to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- 5-7 years leadership experience preferred.
- Experience with project management and/or transportation.
- Understanding of heavy, industrial equipment from an operating and safety perspective.
- Experience in hiring, training, leadership and team building.
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system a plus but not required.
- Experience with crude or tanker hauling preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to balance the work and culture frequently moving in-between the office and the field.
- Ability to work outdoors alongside field personnel - climbing stairs, ladders, on/off material handling equipment, etc.
- Spend 30% of time supporting Team Members in the field (at refinery and in the oilfield).
- Ability to travel to other facilities (10%)
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Team Leader
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 21, 2022
- 1000 W Center St, North Salt Lake, UT 84054, USA