Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Opportunities for Growth
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- $100 annual Steel-toe boot allowance
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
The Utility Technician’s primary responsibilities include environmental inspections and maintenance. This includes reading and understanding permits and how to remain in compliance with those permits. Safely obtaining water samples from outfalls during rain storms. Duties will include general maintenance and upkeep of facilities and grounds. Cross-training on loading and washing procedures as needed. The person filling the Utility Technician position will report directly to the Director of Operations.
- Maintains cleanliness of outfall areas
- Performs inspections and samples as described in SWPPP
- Inspections to include areas across entire facility in relation to identifying potential contaminants
- Work to mitigate any potential sources of contaminants
- Communicate with leadership and SH&E on any issues that arise.
- Operates equipment as needed
- Completes and maintains accurate records related to all maintenance and regulatory activities.
- Lead by example in relation to all safety and operating rules.
- Lifts approximately 0-50 lbs. occasionally
- Lifts approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Climbs stairs and work at various heights
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must meet Savage standards for entering the facility, i.e. clean criminal history, ability to pass a drug screen, and pass fit for duty physical assessment.
- 18 years of age or older
- The ability to work from written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Able to work overtime as required
- Can follow all rules and procedures as outlines by Savage
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- High School or GED
- Successful candidates must be willing to work any shift, including weekends.
- These positions require the willingness and ability to work at heights as well as climbing stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, and work in an environment that could be hot, cold, and wet environments.
- Must have the ability and willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position. Candidates must be willing and able to wear all required personal protective equipment which could include a respirator.
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Gregory, TX, USA
- Portland, TX, USA
- Texas, USA