Operations Manager - Green Rivers, WY
Savage is Growing! Join our team today for an exciting new adventure in Industrial Rail
The Operations Manager holds a key leadership position with Savage. You will partner with the customer in solving their most difficult challenges by creating innovative solutions that exceed our customer’s expectations. These partnerships allow Savage to continue to grow, doubling in size every five to seven years. Personal growth plus company growth equals never ending opportunities.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Opportunities for Growth
- Annual bonus
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, profit sharing and 401(k) with match
- $350 annual steel toe boot allowance
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
Here is what you will be doing
- Key leadership role in:
- Developing operation team to own and maintain existing service expectations; with the ability to anticipate and adjust when changes dictate to continue providing “Worry Free” service
- Develop and utilize operation plans to meet customer service needs in a safe and efficient manner
- Developing and maintaining a positive & productive culture amongst all team members in the Green River Operations
- Understanding of logistics, utilization of equipment & people, to meet customer service expectations
- Hands on leader with operational and technical skills to ensure that “best practices” are being utilized which will be achieved through frequent efficiency tests
- Using efficiency testing data to track trends and address behaviors through positive coaching techniques and holding team members accountable.
- Creating and maintaining budgets, reviewing financial performance, KPI’s, etc.
- Ability to work any shift when needed to cover/train certain job positions and to optimize performance
- Ability to assist at all Green River Operations to ensure safe & efficient service throughout
- Ensure maintenance of equipment and facilities. Understands maintenance of equipment and the Savage Maintenance Program.
- Teach and promote personal responsibility for identifying safe behaviors, maintain clean & safe conditions, and environmental responsibility.
- Cleanliness and organization of sites and assist in the 5S Program.
- Ability to operate locomotives
- Ability to develop a switching plan
- Ensure the customer rail switching services are provided in a safe efficient manner
- Work with customers to understand their expectations to ensure a trusted relationship
- Identify future leaders to coach, mentor and develop team members to go on to do things they never dreamed possible
- Ability to work with Director of Operations to discuss financial performance, review KPI’s, safety issues, etc.
Requirements of a successful Operations Manager
- 3+ years of leadership experience in railroad and/or industrial rail operations.
- Experience with interacting and developing relationships with mainline railroads would be beneficial
- Management experience
- College degree preferred
- Hands-on experience in railcar switching and/or track maintenance
- Operational leadership experience required
- Be committed to reinforce the Savage culture
- Be able to communicate effectively both in front of a group and one-on–one
- Be the leader the front line team members will value and choose to follow
- Willing and wanting to work different shifts at the Green River Operations to ensure team members are properly supported
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Assess hazards to service expectations
- Revise work (MOC)
- Ability to work with and perform basic computer operations (spreadsheet, word processor, and email operations), and general office organization
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal requirements
- Be willing to travel at a minimum of once a year to attend company required meetings
- Must be a person of high Integrity and value based principles and be willing to the right thing in balance for the customer, team member and the company even when no one is looking
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Team Leader
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $85,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Job Start Date Thursday, June 23, 2022
- Green River, WY 82935, USA