Customer Service Representative
We are looking for a Customer Service Representative (CSR) that can handle both logistics tracking functions and administrative functions that can support the wide variety of needs at Savage’s new Beaumont operation. Between deliveries, service providers, fleets of railcars, billing, tracking, and transloading there will be a wide range of visitors requiring logistics information at the site. As the CSR, you will manage our front desk, welcoming all visitors, organizing office functions, and learning.
These are some of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Opportunities for Growth
- Rotating shift: 5 days a week/8 hour
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, and profit sharing
- Employee discounts
The CSR Coordinator will work with Terminal Masters and report to the Logistics Manager. Administrative functions will cover a wide range of bills, documents, and records. Logistics functions will primarily use Savage and ExxonMobil systems to track and report on the status of railcars coming in and out of the facility.
Here is what you will be doing
- Miscellaneous administrative needs supporting the logistics, operations, and safety teams at the Savage Portland-Gregory site. Not limited to but likely inclusive of:
- Ordering safety and office supplies
- Coordinating visitors to the site
- Ensuring deliveries and transload drivers are checked in
- Supporting truck scale activities
- Supporting new hire onboarding
- Willing to learn the use of yard management software to ensure that all railcars that enter, exit, load, or unload in the facility are accurately documented
- Coordinate billing of railcar maintenance with the railcar repair team
- Potentially provide data and reports to aid the Logistics Manager
- Ensure adequate information and communication is conducted with the Union Pacific railroad
- Perform daily updates of the Yard Management tool to ensure that the yard does not overfill
- Perform recordkeeping duties related to the operation such as employee files, invoices, expense reports, FRA or DOT files (if necessary), etc.
- Coordinate and oversee office functions including phones, mail, correspondence, shipping, etc.
- Identify and resolve issues or problems with financial and operational information systems and reports particularly identifying issues with Customer inventory and yard management systems
- Anticipate the needs of those you support and complete assigned tasks with a high degree of accuracy with minimal direction.
Requirements of a successful CSR
- Able to work a rotating a 5-day a week, business hour schedule
- Competent knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated experience managing documents and timeclock records to support accounts payable/receivable and payroll
- Understands the importance and demonstrates professionalism and customer service, quickly and professionally responds to day-to-day Customer needs
- Ability to anticipate needs of the Operation/Managers/Team Members
- Good written and oral skills with an ability to communicate with Customers and other Savage Team Members as they arrive at the facility
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership for responsibilities, yet is teachable and willing to learn from manager and others
- Positive attitude; treats others with fairness and respect – expects the same in return
- Is honest in dealings with the customers, company, and employees. Attention to detail, self-motivated, and good organizational skills.
- Identify problem areas with customers and work with manager to develop a resolution
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required
- Post high school accounting or computer education/training preferred
- Office-setting experience preferred
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- Office environment located in an industrial plant
Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of times
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Beaumont, TX, USA
- Orange, TX, USA
- Port Arthur, TX, USA
- Texas, USA
- Westlake, LA 70669, USA