Industrial Rail - Switchman
At Savage Services , we pride ourselves on providing our Team Members with a focus on safety not typically seen in other companies . You will enjoy working in a 5S environment that is safe to work in and free of clutter while receiving top-notch safety training and procedures to ensure that everyone makes it home every night to their loved ones. Hire Right, Train Right, Treat Right…it’s the Savage way.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
· We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
· $350/year steel toe boot allowance
· Paid Holidays
· Excellent Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
· Rotating shift: 12 hour rotating shifts (days / nights / weekends / holidays)
What you will be doing
- Assist with spotting cars on the correct track; move empty cars and build the outbound train
- Visually inspect rail cars and perform air brakes inspections
- Cross train and willingness to assist in the different functions performed at the facility
- Operate a locomotive -we provide training and certification!
- Participate in and promote Savage safety program
- Active Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC card)
- Ability to attend and pass all training associated with job related coursework. This includes but is not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA related courses.
- One year or more of Rail Industry experience is a plus
- Work experience in an industrial environment
- Ability to perform basic maintenance
- A high school diploma, or equivalent
· Here are some of the physical requirements of this role
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Comfortable with heights
- Walk 5+ miles per day on uneven terrain, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Green River, WY 82935, USA