Operations Maintenance Mechanic
Our mechanics come to Savage Services for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”. We are seeking a new Team Member who will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment for the oil field operation in Trenton, North Dakota.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- Annual steel toe boot allowance annually
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, and profit sharing
- Employee Discount program
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (fueling, greasing, oil changes, inspection) on mobile heavy equipment at our crude and pipe transload facilities, which includes, but is not limited to: wheel loader, 20,000-lbs forklifts, locomotive, etc.
- Troubleshoot and perform major and minor repairs to mobile heavy equipment. Repairs include electrical, suspension, brake, hydraulic, and air systems,
- Some welding and fabricating
- Assist with writing and revising maintenance procedures as needed
- Support other areas of the operation, as deemed by the Maintenance Manager, even in areas outside typical heavy equipment mechanic duties
Requirements of a successful Maintenance Mechanic
- Prior experience as a heavy duty mechanic required
- An expert in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs by computer based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus
- Welding experience, a plus
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Willing to live and/or relocate to the western North Dakota area
- Ability to be on your feet for extended period of time throughout the day
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
- Navigating the facility will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
- The work site is an industrial setting and will require someone who can work safely around this type of environment, as well as ensure compliance to strict OSHA and State regulations
Savage has been designated as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate $30.00
- Job Start Date Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Trenton, ND 58801, USA
- Williston, ND 58801, USA