Accounts Payable Specialist
Since 1969, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc . has been a leader in the field of alcohol and drug abuse treatment. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of services to individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse and/or mental health issues. We assist our clients in achieving sobriety, sustaining recovery, and fulfilling personal goals in order that they may lead healthier, more productive lives.At Spectrum Health Systems, we take great pride in our organization and in our work. We believe that providing the highest quality service and ensuring that our actions and behaviors are always client-focused place our organization ahead of the rest.
Pay Rate: $25.00/hour
The Accounts Payable Specialist is located in our corporate office in downtown Worcester, MA. Spectrum offers comprehensive benefits including, but not limited to: health/dental/involuntary insurances, paid time off, paid parking, and 401K with company-match.
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Prepares purchase order requisitions.
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares batch check runs and other checks as necessary.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Processes all invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- 3-4 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- 10-key by touch
- Must be knowledgeable in multiple software programs, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet.
- Netsuite experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
Spectrum Health Systems is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability,sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Clerical
- Job Function Clerical/Accting/Support
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Required Education High School
- Worcester, MA, USA